Preventing Withdrawal Symptoms from Anridepressants

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for a few years now. I have had no problems with it, however, was also prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg to take at night to help me sleep. The only thing is I usually just take the Mirtazapine when I cannot sleep and not every night, which i mow realised may be a bad thing. I have ran out of my Citalopram prescription and am experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms, such as having dizzy spells and nausea. I'm wondering if I continue taking my Mirtazapine every night, will this get rid of the withdrawal symptoms quickly?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This may be a silly question but why don't you have the Citalopram prescription renewed?

I have found the mirtazapine very helpful for sleep but not much else and have been taking 30mg mirtazapine and 10mg escitalopram at bedtime for about a year and a half. As to every other day and its ability to help with withdrawal symptoms I would check with your MD or Pharmacist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.