Prickly feeling, could this be a vitamin deficiency?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Good afternoon,

Ive been getting a prickly feeling all over for around a week now it's really frustrating, the prickly feeling are like little pin pricks going into my skin at various places on my body, arms, legs, fingers, chest, back everywhere, I also am very tired but baring that I'm fit and well, could this be a vitamin deficiency? The one thing I find which is weird is the fact that when I wake up in the morning I have no symptoms, it's as the day goes on the pain gets worse which I find is strange. I did have this before around a year ago but it disappeared so I'm hoping this will do the same but it's frustrating not knowing what's causing it. I spoke to my doctor yesterday about neuropathy but she said she doubts it's this as it doesn't come on so suddenly and generally  it starts in the hands and feet and works it's way up, mine is not like that. I'm due to get a blood test next week to test for nearly everything in the meantime it would be nice to talk to you guys so see if you've had any experience of this or for some general advice. 

thanks in advance. David

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi David, I do have diabetic neuropathy, what you describe sounds close to what I have, I also have extreme fatigue but I think that's from something out of whack!

I think though I'd agree with your Dr. I find those often quite painful symptoms kinda of ease off for awhile but unfortunately never go away! Right now it's 5:45am in Canada and I've been up all night due to the neuropthypain!

Glad to hear that you're having blood tests, hope Vitamin D is included.

I'm seeing my Dr next week and I hope that when she orders my blood work that she includes everything that causes fatigue!

My husband spoke to our Dr without my knowledge and she wondered about a stroke, I'm 99% positive it's not that! So I'm going to see her at her request! I don't understand it, I've been complaining of the fatigue for quite awhile now, my husband says something and they listened to him, what's wrong with this picture!

Anyway, I really hope that you get answers and better still that a solution is found, good luck, Susan

• Posted

Hi thank Susan for your reply, The Doctor has included vitamin b, d, thyroid and loads of other stuff to check, I'm hoping it's not neuropathy and it's something that can easterly be fixed. With your neuropathy did it start of in the hands and feet first? And was it gradual or did it come on suddenly?.

im taking supplements at the moment so hoping they kick in soon but if it is a deficiency when I may need a top up via an injection.

I also wonder if I have a slight problem with absorbing the correct vitamins, I say this because I was on Naproxen for a few months before hand which I've just found out they are not great for the stomach.

• Posted

I've tried so many supplements it's not funny yet nothing has helped!

If it's vitamin D, I'm a little concerned that since the sun is out more that my vitamin D is good then I'll still not know what's causing the fatigue! It's not a pleasant experience is it? Enjoy your day!

Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.