Primary or secondary?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone

I was diagnosed with hyperhidrosis back when I was 20. Now 26. Recently been working with a doctor to finally find the underlying cause of my condition. As I’m not convinced I’m a primary hyperhidrosis sufferer, rather potentially thyroid issues.

My hyperhidrosis only comes on when I’m in hot weather due to my extreme heat intolerance, or a situation that makes me nervous. It seems that hyperhidrosis sufferers, sweat constantly. I do not… Are there any hyperhidrosis sufferers who are heat intolerant? Seems to be more of a thyroid problem.

It also recently started sweating in more places. Originally was armpits, back, feet. Now I sweat from, head(forehead, nose, cheeks), chest, abdomen, crotch, armpits, back, feet and sometimes my hands. This is very rare with the hands. So now I fall in the catogery of generalized sweating. 

I have and still use for my sweating. I used to apply it to my back and armpits for quite some time, I never experienced any compensatory sweating from using it. My dermatologist told me that I wouldn’t get any compensatory sweating from using it, and I feel like it would have shown up much quicker. Like I said I used it for 2+ years without noticing compensatory sweating. Would such extreme compensatory sweating show in my case? If Drysol does cause compensatory sweating, does it stop when you don’t apply Drysol anymore? As I still sweat in the newer areas when I’m not using it.

Love to hear some advice from other out there. Thanks guys

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

BTW, I'm heat intolerant too & live in Arizona. Pretty funny, huh? Hyperhidrosis started about 4 yrs ago; have lived in Arizona for 14 years. Figure that!

• Posted

Randomly--heat, stress, (even cooking), & for no reason. Had thyroid, neurological & gynecology ruled out first.

• Posted

Robinul has worked well for me. Have other areas that sweat but not nearly as badly as face & head! Urinary problem mess seem to work too, according to other sufferers. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Do you sweat all the time? Or just when in heat?

• Posted

How long have you been taking Robinul? Have you built a tolerance to it?
    • Posted

I've been taking it for about 2 1/2 weeks. Doctor said if I tolerate it well, I'll go to 2 per day instead of 1. Doesn't seem to be any more drying than those effects from my Sjogren's disease. My symptoms have improved about 85% compared with before I started Robinul. I take 1mg now of the generic--Glycopyrrol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.