Priory Diagnosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm thinking of attending the priory privately for a diagnosis of my mental health conditions. With the NHS I think the treatment is very generic, and a diagnosis outside of anxiety is hard to get. Would anyone know if the priory would accept me just to get a diagnosis if I'm paying?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im not familiar with what the priory is, but are u thinking you need a differerent diagnosis than under the umbrella term, anxiety disorder?
    • Posted

Indeed yes Cheria, the umbrella diagnosis just seems too wide for me, NHS just uses it for everything
    • Posted

I see...do you feel comfortable sharing your symptoms? I believe this diagnosis is used when all testing shows no other cayses or consustency, and therefore episodic or periodic symptoms. Anxiety restricts up to 80% of the entire bodys resources, systemically, when it is stressed cognitively so psychologically..starting with compression of the heart and going from there..
    • Posted

Once the heart is compressed, other body systems follow...
  • Posted

The only way to find out is to contact The Priory yourself and ask them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.