Probable Inflamed Gallbladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been told I have a probable inflamed gallbladder due to multiple small calculi, and I wondered if anyone with a inflamed gallbladder could describe all their symptoms.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Now left with the intermittent pain right underneath the right shoulder blade, feels like more to the back inside rather than the front, it can be like a gnawing ache.

The lower pain in lower abdomen seems to have settled for the last few days.

Anyone think this is could be related to probable inflamed gallbladder?

:?:

• Posted

Yep that's about normal for it. I know the pain is an annoyance but look on the bright side, your neck, teeth and face all the way to the top of your head don't feel like they're exploding (yes it really can feel like that instead) :wink: I've got a Colonoscopy on Saturday,, how thrilling :roll: :lol:
  • Posted

[quote:6c7ae868b3=\"Dr_Spock\"]Yep that's about normal for it. I know the pain is an annoyance but look on the bright side, your neck, teeth and face all the way to the top of your head don't feel like they're exploding (yes it really can feel like that instead) :wink: I've got a Colonoscopy on Saturday,, how thrilling :roll: :lol:[/quote:6c7ae868b3]

On Saturday you say, they must have a long backlog.

To be honest I feel that either sludge or small stones have slowly moved along and hopefully have passed through my colon as I have lost the lover abdominal pain and also the pain as described on my previous post seems to not be as bad.

I truly believe that I had an infection at the start of the year, and because I was not given any antibiotics it has been left to cause issues throughout my body from then till now.

If I continue to get better in this regard I will be seriously thinking ass to whether to go ahead with this gallbladder removal or not.

• Posted

[quote:6adadadefb=\"Dr_Spock\"]Yep that's about normal for it. I know the pain is an annoyance but look on the bright side, your neck, teeth and face all the way to the top of your head don't feel like they're exploding (yes it really can feel like that instead) :wink: I've got a Colonoscopy on Saturday,, how thrilling :roll: :lol:[/quote:6adadadefb]

How did you get on with your Colonoscopy?

• Posted

Oh 'ello :D Thanks for asking :ok:

I've had one before so I wasn't really that worried,, but this time gosh it was painful, the sedation and pain relief did absolutely nothing,, that is until it was all over then I was feeling really nice, warm and fuzzy :lol: I had weird nightmare dreams that night as well, they were quite disturbing yet I genuinely couldn't wake up, in fact while the weirdness was going on I was actually thinking jeesh I want to wake up now please,, yep very strange. As expected there was nothing bad to report smile

I went to see the Consultant yesterday, they gave me a prescription for Omeprazole (for Diffuse Microulceration of the Stomach) and for more Fortisip (because I've lost well over 40 kg in weight since Christmas and I'm now a skeleton),, I've got Chronic Mesenteric Ischaemia :roll:

I feel OK :D I can buy / wear clothes in teenager sizes :lol: :oops:

I read that you are quibbling over whether to get your GB out or not, all I can say is that if you don't get it out it'll be causing you trouble on and off until you do, from experience and from what I've read here and elsewhere,, the thing doesn't get better, you just suffer more or less pain until it drives you to want it out asap :?

• Posted

My colonoscopy went not too bad at all. :D

The thing is though people say it's a minor operation, it's a removing an organ, my doc agreed that better to make sure it's right to remove it first.

My main worry is will they check the surrounding ducts at the time of removing the GB?

You know when you click on those smilies on the left side, when I do they always go to the very last bit of the message, unless I cut it from there and place it elsewhere, does that happen to you? :?:

• Posted

I don't think this Doctor who did my Colonoscopy was very careful, I was bleeding and everything so he must have rammed it in pretty hard :roll:

I believe (but I'm not sure) that they have a poke about and wash out the ducts to make sure that there's no bits and pieces left in there. The best procedure for looking in the ducts (rather than relying on some vague Ultrasound image) is ERCP, so if your Doctor really wants to make sure they should send you for one. Yeah the smilies always get appended onto the end of the text in this forum but in others they're added where the cursor is, the script must be simpler in this forum smile

The sooner you get it done the better because they only get worse, that said you haven't been to A&E with it yet so I suppose it can't be that bad yet, who knows you could get a few more years out of it before desperation sets in :D

You can live with it longer by being careful with your diet, forget fat and processed food garbage (where you haven't got a clue what's in it), get back to basics smile

• Posted

I have actually been to A&E on a number of occasions, all a waste of time too.
  • Posted

Oh right :oops: did you tell us that before,, must be my brain shrinking :D Some people go to A&E and they get it out within days, I guess they're the lucky ones smile
  • Posted

[quote:d9ec668d1e=\"Dr_Spock\"]Oh right :oops: did you tell us that before,, [/quote:d9ec668d1e]

Not too sure if I did or not. :lol:

• Posted

Not been on for a while. Seem to be getting this and that after my Fundoplication op. Sorry to hear Dr Spock that you are having more problems. We assume having gallbladders out will resolve everything but if there are underlying conditions it does not. Hope you get sorted out soon.

For others contmplating having their gallbladders out I can only say it is well worth just to be free of the horrible pain.

• Posted

Dr Spock have you been told about a condition called dysfunction of the oddi sphincter i have been diagnosed with it still have my gallbladder as they said taking it out would not cure it veeery painful nothing can be done except pain relief as the operation carries to much risk can cause pancreatitis. Check it out and see if your symptoms fit.
  • Posted

I still get the achy pain at the top right hand side right into the right shoulder blade area, I never feel anything at the front just at the back.

It used to go across and often into my left arm, but not had that for a few weeks.

Do you think this sounds like dysfunction of the oddi sphincter?

I would like to add that my digestion doesn't seem to be working correctly in that many vegetables pass through me without being absorbed, does that symptom and experience bring up a diagnoses would you say?

• Posted

I also cannot eat certain foods as they either pass straight through me veg being 1 (tmi) or give me terrible pain, gas and constipation, live on co-codamol at the moment until i get in to see the pain management team and have a Lap performed but have been waiting 6 months so far no word so how long is a piece of string you ask. Goes into my left arm when really bad constant ache but with the nhs the way it is god knows have been to A & E loads of times kept in fed more painkillers then thrown out told nothing can be done for it totally fed up with the whole situation now, I would ask about dysfunction of the oddi the 2 tests they can carry out is MRCP and ERCP wont do this as it carries the risk of pancreatitis as i said. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
  • Posted

The thing is I have the pre op assessment in October, then it's whether I want to go ahead with the lap op or not, I know the surgeon that will be doing the procedure, but as my doc says no operation is minor as after all they are removing an organ even though it not needed for every day life.

Some days I am better than others, and I have noticed that the day after I have had to take a tramadol I am usually not too bad, it's like as if it has eased some inflammation for a short period then comes back again.

My bowel movements are not too bad but never like they were before, and I still see like whole peas that haven't been digested.

My worry is if I don't get the GB removed it will only cause more issues as it may get even more inflamed.

How does MRCP and ERCP cause a risk to pancreatitis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.