Probable Inflamed Gallbladder

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been told I have a probable inflamed gallbladder due to multiple small calculi, and I wondered if anyone with a inflamed gallbladder could describe all their symptoms.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

They have to insert some kind of instrument /camera right the way through the bilary tract to look at the little muscles at the bottom of the pancreas and gall bladder its the ERCP that can cause it not the MRCP as that's just a scan to see if these muscles spams or tighten when releasing bile from what i could pick up very technical, if you look it up on wikipedia will explain it better sorry couldn't be more help. Let me know how you get on they only carry it out on the UK mainland i live in N Ireland then only in 3 locations.
  • Posted

Had the pre-op assessment, so just waiting for a date for the op, however the symptoms aren't as bad as they have been, but I am left with soft bowel movements, digestion is the greatest, and have an intermittent ache from the back, inside right hand side, slightly down from the right armpit round to the right.

I am concerned that it could be pancreas related, and with all the cancer stories you hear lately this has got me slightly worried.

The doc seems to think that if I don't look yellow and in extreme biliary colic pain then it's not pancreas related, but not all people with this show this yellow colour from obstructive jaundice.

I have had a CT scan, would that show any cancer? I am not so sure, should I be asking the doctor for more tests prior to any surgery?

• Posted

I deferred the op till later this year, but I have a feeling it was the wrong decision as my symptoms are getting more constant.

I am now experiencing pain around the back area sort of around the right shoulder blade area, and this would often ease when lying down, but it doesn't ease as fast by doing this as it did previously.

I notice it occurs roughly 2 hours after I have woken up and appears to last the whole day off and on, mainly on I'd have to say.

My stools are still not the dark brown they used to be, but at least the constipation stopped as I had this early last year.

Should I be asking the surgeon specifically for an MRI scan as I wasn't too convinced that he would do an x-ray during the procedure when he removed the gall bladder.

• Posted

I have another appointment to see what options I have regarding this gall bladder issue, I really hope that the surgeon will perhaps organise an Xray or MRI so that we know what we are dealing with, and of course will show if there are any stones stuck anywhere.
  • Posted

I experience pain across to the left side across the top of my back, so it's not always on the upper right shoulder blade area only.

What could this be?

• Posted

I am now experiencing a sharp ache pain from what feels like inside to the back shoulder blade, does this sound like classic gall bladder inflammation or gall stone stuck somewhere??

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up