Probiotics

Posted , 5 users are following.

I read Probiotics helped with diverticulits, yet article says be careful what the ingredients are , some can do more harm than good......But did not give details. Searching the web for best one for diverticultis they are all over $ 200 per month.  Anyone have a suggestion  

any one know how effective Cider Vinegar is 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh my!  I need to know this info. I have been taking some for 3 days or so. 
  • Posted

I take Natures Best Acidophilus extra 10. It has really helped me   They are about £ 13 00 for 2 months 

• Posted

Natures Best in on the internet x
    • Posted

Thanks every one, pharmacist recommended Cultural, but will look into Natures Best, how long have you been on it Susan ?

• Posted

I am in the US.  I will talk to my Doc to see what he recommends. 
    • Posted

3 months I have DD and IBS was in a right state didn't go out for fear of needing toilet. Felinia who is on this forum recommended I try them. So I phoned Natures Best up and they recommended them. I haven't looked back since. I still get the odd off day but I haven't had a DD attack since starting them. I hope they work for you. Good luck 

• Posted

So glad something is helping. I am still so new to the Diverticulitis flares that I am not sure when and what to do. 
    • Posted

I was diagnosed last September and I didn't know anything about it at all. People on her have helped me so much they know more than the DRS   I don't eat any skins nuts tomatoes chocolate not a lot of red meat   If I have a flare I just eat soup chicken and mash till it settles. The problem is everyone one is different it's abit of trial and error. I hope this helps 

• Posted

Thanks.  I have been doing clear liquids for several days then add in soft foods.  After a couple days of this I start cramping again.  Back on liquids again.  
    • Posted

Try a probiotic! It should help with the diarrhea. Heating pad should help cramping.
    • Posted

Thank you, Madeline.  I have been taking Probiotics for a few days.  I don't have diarrhea. I am having trouble going unless I drink prune juice in the morning.  I know I will figure this all out soon.  Thankful I found this forum. 

• Posted

Got Cultral, one realy has to read the labels, some you have to take 3 times a day, could not believe how many makes there are and the range in prices.  See how this works
    • Posted

I eat warm prunes to help me go. I found that my diarrhea comes from food sensitivities. Can't really eat out. A lot of restaurants use something on their grill to keep the food from sticking.  I learned that the hard way. Wondered why after I ate breakfast out I immediately got bad diarrhea. It has happened several times to I know to stay away from those and I don't drink pop or carbonated beverages because they cause bathroom explosions. 

• Posted

I am a Come drinker but have not been drinking them.  Do u have problems with coffee, iced tea, etc?
    • Posted

Coffee helps me go. Iced tea if I'm sweaty sends me to the bathroom with cramps.  I stay away from coke or carbonated beverages. Drink water, a lot of juice mixed with water.  And gum is bad. I love gum but sometimes causes gas.  Everyday is a challenge but I'll keep watching as much as I can. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.