Probiotics

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi does anyone take prohibited supplements and do they help? Thanks bev

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

With thyroid fusease, you eant to be completely gluten free with a high protein diet- Paleo is best, nothing processed. However, I’ve gotten relief from gut problems by following home methods to stop a pancreatic attack.

I've tried a bunch of probiotics, most don't help, some make things worse. kombucha tea seems to work well for me. Things that are naturally ferminted seem to work well... sourkrout for example.

I’ve done better with digestive enzymes, though its hard to tell initially if they’re helping. The capsules seem to work best.

Check out chronic pancreatitis posts, you may find that diet and eating changes as well as liver cleansing may be very helpful. 

I found making changes to deal with the chronic pancreatitis to be extremely helpful. As gut problems cause malnutrition, that worsens health in every way, and a pancreatitis flareup may well be the source of autoimmune flareups.

• Posted

Probiotics and prebiotics never seem to help me. We are all different . Low vit D is common with hypothyroidism ( if neededcombine D3 with K2). I can tell a huge difference when I supplement the nutrients I need. I did food sensitivity testing and am wheat free-amazing. Gluten free did little for me. Experiment and explore. It is a long learning process but Stay in tune to your body!
  • Posted

How do you know if you shouldn't eat gluten??? Lots day they are gluten free.. how will i know if gluten doesn't agree with me?? Really dont want to give up my once a fortnight pizza although i only have a couple of slices. . I mean what do eat instead. . Just salad and fruit? ? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.