Probiotics

Posted , 3 users are following.

What probiotic brands do you trust? Do you ever change strains?

I've been using Culturelle as recommended by my GI, but I notice that it only has 1 strand of lactobacillus GG so I added Rainbow Light ProbioActive which has Bacillus coaguluns- I believe that strand helps with diarrhea which my IBS has switched to lately. I've also been thinking of switching to Garden of Life Once Daily Women’s Probiotics- which apparently has 16 strands and 50 billion cfu- when I run out of both the Culturelle and Rainbow Light.

Although, I am also curious if anyone takes Heather's Tummy Fiber which is prebiotic acacia, and/or Garden of Life chocolate plant protein which has 2 billion cfu of bifidoacterium lactis Bl-04. I am a little concerned that I might take too many probiotics if I take both the Garden of Life protein and probiotic supplements.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm no pro in relation to probiotics, but I regularly take Biokult (the standard one). To be honest, I'm never certain if it actually helps, but it's not doing any harm either. It's also reasonably priced and doesn't need to be kept in the fridge whilst having a naturally long shelf life. As far as i'm aware, it has lots of different strands of beneficial bacteria too. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.