Problem getting Citalopram in liquid form

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone else had a problem getting Citalopram from their Pharmacy ? Ive been on it for about a year and it has transformed my life . I have to have it in liquid form as I cannot swallow . This month my pharmacy Tesco has been unable to source it . I have enough for about 2 weeks but am very worried .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle,if you are having problems getting liquid citrolopram then give the drug company a call and explain the problem and i am sure you will get the help you need.,what area do you live in .Also it might be good to phone tesco head office and ask them .Also is there any other pharmacy in your area as if you explain to any pharmacy what the problem is they should be able to order it in within a couple of days ,ok

• Posted

Hi Marsh ! Thanks so much for your advice . I rang TESCO head office customer service , who were incredibly helpful and sourced me the medication at another branch within about 10 mins . I had to get an emergency prescription via 111 as my local TESCO said they were unable to release my part filled script ! It was emailed immediately to the other store and I will collect meds tomorrow 😃

M

• Posted

Hi Michelle, check with the other pharmacies in the area, I know it can be a pain with NHS getting the liquid.

• Posted

Another thought - if you do find you can't get the liquid form, have you thought of crushing a tablet completely, mixing it with water to drink? Not ideal of course but an idea if you find swallowing a tablet difficult. When I withdrew from meds I had to crush the last dose up as it was too small to cut further, and crushing was easy.

K xx

• Posted

thanks katecogs - good idea which i might have to resort to if I can get it crushed fine enough with liquid to get down my stomach tube without blockin !

x

• Posted

MICHELLE contact your GP OR outpatients at your nearest hospital to source your medication. IF you suddenly stop taking the meds you could experience nasty side effects.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.