Problems after fillings pls help!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi this is a long story but I had gone to a dentist whom I don't really go to help was advertising his services by visiting my workplace. He told us there would be no copay so I said why not? When I visited his office he said he could switch out my silver fillings with composite fillings. So he did just that. Afterwards I noticed that I was having some sensitivity while chewing my food on the left side. He adjusted my bite about 3 times. After I was still having discomfort and all of a sudden my top row of teeth started hurting. I thought I would need a root canal but the dentist said it might just be sinus issues because of the x-rays coming up clean. Now fast forward a bit and I have pain all over my top row of teeth I visited my doctor and he confirmed there was no sinus infection. Now for some reason I feel like my head goes numb and I have pain all the way down my neck. I wasn't having any of these issues before seeing this guy! What could this be? Please help me! I've been in pain for almost 2 months already.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Liz, I don't know what it is, but you really need to see another dentist! Not sure how things work on your side of the Atlantic, but over here I'd try and get myself to a maxillofacial surgeon or a stomatologist. I'd be wondering about the credentials of that guy who treated your teeth. Remember - there's no such thing as a free lunch!

It could just be your teeth settling down to the new kind of fillings, of course, but I really think you need to get this looked at by someone who knows what they're doing.

• Posted

Hi Liz I don't know if your in uk but wherever you are id say you need a second opinion!

It sounds like the nerves for sure!

Go get it checked at a dental hospital insist on it get a complete check of everything going on. You are not supposed to be living in pain. A dentist takes that away not give it to you intentionally!

All the best liz????

• Posted

Hello Liz, this sounds similar to a problem my Mom experienced 3 years ago. We still have not found a solution. I believe it is nerve related and that a root canal may be the solution. But the dentist can not fot any problems that would warrant a root canal so they are hesitant to proform one. If we find any resolution I will let you know. Don C.
  • Posted

Hi Liz I think you need to Google something called Temporomandibular joint disorders TMJ for short

Your symptoms sound very much like you have this problem. And it's all to do with your bite. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.