2 - Tortuosity of arteries

3 - Atherosclerosis of arteries

4 - Size of prostate median lobe

5 - Other

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Please discard that message; I´ve got already all the answers about the matter.

• Posted

Good questions! I'm going to be talking to Dr. Bagla about my upcoming PAE and will ask him about these possible problems. Dr. Bagla, as you probably know, has done more of these proceudures than anyone else in the US. I've already had one conversation with him and raised the issue of the median lobe. His answer: "I don't know where the belief that median lobe size matters comes from, but it's not an issue." Will get back to you on the other issues once I've had a chance to talk to him sometime in the next few weeks.

• Posted

Don30615, don´t you worry. I got all my answers from Dr. Pisco (he mades 1000 PAEs recently). He´s the most kind person I´ve met. There will be no problems doing a PAE. I´m refreshed and peaceful. Will put all in the hands of God and His mercy. 

• Posted

Best of luck to you. Your prostate is in good hands. confused

I'd be curious to know how Dr. Pisco answered your questions, if you'd care to share that information.

• Posted

Just do a search for "Dr. João Martins Pisco", as we are not allowed to share emais here. Dr. Pisco is very busy, has a lot of work to do, and maybe he takes a little bit more to reply at you, but be patient and you´ll be rewarded.

• Posted

Don  ;  At the outset -- I wish you good Luck and  for your proposed PAE . We would be  waiting for your  Feedback  which would be  immensely helpful  to   members here in the Forum . Rgds :  Jagdeesh  
    • Posted

Dear  Irp1,      Your feedback on  your  your meeting  with Dr Pisco  would  be  very helpful pls -- in case you  would share the details / outcome . thks: Jagdeesh 
    • Posted

Hi jagdeesh. I wrote him about my past surgeries and if they pose a threat to the procedure. Other questions were made about problems that can occur when doing the PAE, which was already discuss here, size of prostate before and after, the problem os atherosclerosis of prostate arteries (which can make PAE unsucessful), and recovering.
    • Posted

Will do, Jagdeesh. Thanks for the support.--Don

• Posted

I suggest you call an experienced doc in pae like dr Bagla bc there are varying expertise and that's why I went to him.

• Posted

You could definitely add allergic reaction to the beads used for the embolization. Which causes irreversible damage!
    • Posted

Could you please elaborate the word "beads". Sorry my english is poor.

• Posted

Yes sir they use a specially made polymer bead, which basically stops up the arteries. I had a bad allergic reaction to them. And unfortunately once they are inside of the prostate and arteries they are permanent.
  • Posted

I was going to have PAE, but even though a scan prior to the op showed all my arteries to be accessible, during the procedure it was found that the main artery to my prostate also fed my bladder & I was told it was not possible to embolize without also blocking the blood flow to the bladder which would result in long term damage to my bladder. The embolization therefore did not go ahead. 

I would very interested to know of anyone else who has had a similar problem/result. After having spent 2 yrs trying to get this done I was of course extremely disappointed.

• Posted

Which type of scan prior to the procedure do you have? An special MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.