problems with breathing

Posted , 5 users are following.

im looking for some advice, i have suffered from anxiety since the age of 11 im now 35, i started having problems with my breathing when i was 4 months pregnant were i felt i have to constantly take a deep breath, i have had alot of stress over the last few months but this problem persists were i feel the need to constantly take deep breaths like every minute, any advice?.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah that's typical for hyperventilation. When that happens try to breathe through pursed lips (as if you are blowing out a candle), or you can cover your mouth and one nostril, and breathe through the other nostril.
    • Posted

thanks for your responce, i really think it is stress related but then i start thinking what if ive got astma or heart problems and die, anxiety really is a terrible thing.
  • Posted

I too have this I have had breathing problems put of breathe and constant deep breathing problems when I was pregnant with my son it got worse and worse and last year reached the worse I still have these problem I went to hospital when it got so bad because it was 24/7 they put it down to stress xx
    • Posted

Did they do any tests on u? Are you prone to anxiety?
  • Posted

I m also having same problem since last one year. I sometime feel breathless. Saw many doctors and underwent checks of cardio-vascular, ecg, x ray, usg and many blood tests. They yielded no results. Pls advise me what to do. Sometime I feel it with upset stomach. Does gas related problem can lead to this??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.