Problems with felling urgency to go after already being

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a builder and commercial free diver part time who loves adrenalin right into pig hunting deer stalking and spear fishing every weekend and after work I have also lost my drivers licence which I think adds to it. I have being regular with my bowel using the bathroom morning and night and always eaten healthy . Recently in the last 2 -3months I have had ibs symptoms the cramps mucus blood urgency to go all the time etc confirmed by doctor I have since changed to a real strict fod map diet which has stopped the cramps and mucus .i then found with the new diet I wasn't getting enough energy and loosing a lot of weight so am now having a pea bassed protein and guarana powder which helps a lot . The only issue I am still having now is still the toilet problem the urgency to go after I've already being and my rectum feeling as one solid peice all day it is making so dificult to work especially something as physical as building I've already stopped commercial free diving as there's no bathroom on the boat and my hunting has being real difficult need to go to the toilet in the bush all the time . I am not wanting to give up my hobbies or change my career but seriously making it hard to do them .I feel as if I'm letting boss down as I'm not how I was .do you guys know if this feeling is a long term thing or do you have any solutions .my friends and family seem to think when I get my licence back I will be back to normal but I'm feeling doubtful . Thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Has your doctor run tests and suggested a possible cause?  It could be IBS if Fodmap works for you.  However, I would have the blood investigated.
    • Posted

My symptoms are still to early to show up in tests they doctors say it won't show up on tests till at least 3 months she's %99 percent sure that's what I have . I have had blood and stool tested both came back clear I'm going for a colonoscopy in a few weeks and go from there I spose

• Posted

Hi Glen

If you do not have your "a pea bassed protein and guarana powder which helps a lot . "     Then do all the symptoms go away?   But you lose weight and feel loss of energy.

Are you sleeping well?

Are you using caffiene?

Cheers

Graham

• Posted

I am not having caffeine use to have coffee but found that flared it up real bad . My symptoms are the same weather I take the the protoen or not .

And I do sleep pretty well on a good day otherwise I gotta take a few trips to the bathroom

Cheers

• Posted

What is this "protein and guarana powder"

Is it from the doc or over the counter.  I lost a lot of weight with sickness and other symptoms.

I do not do anything like building and had to give up work for the best part of a year due to illness so you are doing well I think.

I was severely ill for about 3 years as in most days and every weekend and lost jobs and a partner through it but my body seems to have settled more now.  I tried to work again 3 months ago but only lasted a few weeks but there was a 30 min journey involved.  This time I have taken a job much closer and with fewer pounds and stress.  I was hoping to keep it but I have a very sick relative which has brought the old illness back so I know for me it is stress and anxiety though why I was stressed with my ex I have no idea.

The solution for me was more exercise but you seem to be getting enough, drink nothing but water, cut out alcohol and eat salad.

• Posted

That's no good at all I hope it gets batter for you

The protien powder otc it's called lean clean protien it's a newzealand brand where I'm from its gluten soy free and dairy free I'm sure u can find something similar were you are ?? as for guarana powder it is just that u can find it on the interenet I always take pre and probiotic powder which could help might be different for you but any things worth a try smile yes I deffinently agree with the alcohol thing o never really drunk before as it limited me for diving the next day and also being a hunter helps as none of the meat I have has any preservative in it I find venison rabbit fish and pork that's not to fatty are fine were as beef and lamb are a no no I recommended searching around for a free range butcher if u wanted to get extra protien from your meat and I find salads a good depending wat I put in them types of greenery etc but I'm sure it could be completely different you I think ours a similar with stress related my brothers a pharmacist and recommended me to try this I'm considering giving it a go it's called mind fullness also lately I've being tryna focus more on my free diving rather then hi thing for breathing excersises etc thanks for sharing your story with me I hope the new job works out for you I think deffinitly try stress relief programs if u don't want to take away from your normal thats what I'm gonna do ????

• Posted

Also the brand of the protien is nuzest its gmo free to yeh it's a problem wen you're addicted to stress and adrenaline and don't wanna give it up I'm hoping I might get better wen I get my licence and can finally see my girlfriend again but well see that's a struggle ATM

• Posted

PS Also coming here helped but shame it took me about 4 years to find it.
    • Posted

Yes this is an amazing site glad stumbled across the fact of being able to talk to people who are having similar issues is great 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.