PROCEDURES INFORMATION

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello there men.   Most of you guys know me for this site.  Have nothing to do but rest after my procudure so I am reading alot of papers and post on Surgical Treatments for BPH ......  I read this on Prostate net. Health Center.  I don't know if men read up on the diffrent procedures before then have them or just take the word of there doctor that this is what you need.  Do you know that 9 surgical procedure cause 3 or more problems.          From retro ejaculation, urinary incontinence, erectile dysfunction and a few others.  So to fix one problem they give you 3 or more.  To me that does not sound fare.  We want the BPH fix not more problems.  Sometime they only last a few weeks but sometime they can last longer.  Retro is forever.  We as men have to stick together.  Sometime surgery is the only answer but you have to get the information on what ever you feel is right for you but before you have any procedure there are other procedure that a new and worth the time to try. Urolift is very good for some that is what I had.  PAE works well for many men Rezum is a great option.  These three that I just told you about have less side effects. Which men are looking for.  And if you don't want to do any procedure there is CIC which works good and after a while your bladder will get back to normal.  There are many men on here that picked CIC instead of having a surgery or one of the other option which these man are the ones to ask.  Your urologist is a very well educated person but I think they forget we are people too not just a number.  Our bodys were giving to use to take care of and we have to take control of them.  We should not have to give up anything just to maybe pee a little better.  I have been in retention and had to be catheter because of bleeding. But before I had the emergency exploratory surgery I would not let him touch me because they did not know why. I was still bleeding but it took him 20 minutes to sign a paper that my prostate was not to be cut for any reason. And the 2 nurses witness it. They I sign for the surgery.  I will protect my prostate to the end.  Sorry I got off tract.  All I am saying is what ever you decide please get information on anything you may pick.  Get a few option and try everything to protect your body.  With all the new procedures that are out there ther may be one for you.  Please men take control I'm sorry but I had to write this.  Men years ago did not talk about this.            You should talk to a friend or even someone with the same problem It helps to talk. We all need someone to talk to.  You may be able to take to your wife but sometime a man needs another man to talk to.  Go on that site I mention they have a detailed list on all the procedures the information is good to know.  May all of you have good heath and a Merry Christmas   Ken        

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What recent procedure have you had Kenneth?
    • Posted

Derek Nothing to do with the bottom half.  Saw my urologist on Friday all is good.  Have to see him in 3 month's he ordered blood test to look at 6 diffrent things.  Monday I had a 9 hour Heart Catheter Ablation for my A-Fib. Came home on Tuesday  So I have to rest for a few weeks.  Still very tired but he said that he burn alot that I should never have a A-Fib attack again  Let hope so..Take it easy  Ken 

• Posted

I was told that I should have an AV Node ablation to go with my pacemaker but I'm not convinced that I wanr to be paemaker dependent or if my condition warrants it.

• Posted

Look into it and get the information.  If you have to change doctors.  Do it,  Get a second opinion.  That is what I did.  The first doctor was not doing nothing.  When I had my last a-fib attack October 24, 2014. He never even mantions it.  He wanted to put another monitor on me.  He already put 2 and I have a linq monitor in my chest.  Each monitor cost $2700 My kids got mad so I went to another doctor and after having 5 attack in 11 month's he fixed it I hope it works.  I was in a-fib when I got to the hospital The nurse in my room said you know your heart rate is 150 and going up.  I told her yes I can feel it.  When I got into the heart lab they had to give me something to bring it down. How low is your heart rate.  Mine went down to 44 a few time. For the last 4 month's I was in the low 50's  After the procedure im in the 70"s.  Still tired but I have to just take it easy and keep moving.  Take care  Ken  

• Posted

A little off track, Ken, but I also had ablation for A-fib, just about 4 weeks ago. My ablation (with a trans esophogeal echocardiogram) took about 4 1/2 hours. My dr said he cauterized cells in both the left and right ventricles and that I might experience some pain because he had beated up the heart a bit. Actually, I had no pain whatsoever (if you don't count adhesive tape holding an IV line in place being removed). I'm not a hero when it comes to pain, but truly, I had no pain whatsoever. Even a Tylenol would have been superfluous. I have regained most of my energy at this point, but the first week for sure was definitely low energy for me and the second week not much peppier. Good luck.

On the urological side, my PVP was just over a year ago and things seem to be functioning well, aside from overactive bladder issues which are being treated and which are much better than they were.

• Posted

Thank you.  I'm glad your doing good.  That is ture this first week .  I can't do to much I get very tired.  I had the TEE just before the ablation.  The whole thing with prep was about 9 hours and the ablation was 6 hours.  He burned everything on the right side.  I hope it works.  Over the last 11 months I had 5 a-fib attacks.  I was tired of being in the hospital.  I was in a-fib when I got to the hospital on monday.  He took me off the multaq for my heart I see him in 2 weeks.  He told me about everything that he was going to do but I'm mad about I was not informed about the arterail line in my wrist to check my blood pressure. Now my hand feels like it asleep I hope it goes away.  Did you have one.  I like to know everything that is being done so I am prepaired for it.  Glad everything is going well below Take care  Ken

• Posted

My rate was bormally in the 40's but could go down to 35bpm. The highs went to about 135bpm.

Personally I was happier with it in the 40's than its paced 60 to 90.

• Posted

I really had not had any A-fib attacks. It just showed up in the EKG when I went to see my cardiologist. I resisted taking coumadin, but did agree to taking atenolol. I was on Multaq forabout 5 days following the procedure, but had to discontinue (with the dr's approval) it because of diarrhea, especially in the middle of the night, which made sleep very bad. I have another 2 months of Eliquis to go. Pressure and everything else has been fine since the procedure. At the beginning of Ja, I will have to be on a Holter monitor for 2 weeks to assess the effectiveness of the ablation. (I did not have an arterial line in my wrist.)

• Posted

Good morning. I have been having atacks for the last 11 month's been deal with this for 2 years.  I was on multaq 400 for 6 month's never gave me a problem.  Off it now after the procedure. on eliquis 5mg and brilinta 90mg I had a stent put in for a 90% blockage on the right side in June.  Im doing ok but tired It has only been a week.  I just hope it works.  thank you I wonder way I did.  I will ask my doctor Lift hand is still numb  Take it easy  Ken

• Posted

I never had much A-fib, so I think my case is atypical. I never had any coronary artery involvement; the surgeon said mine were perfect, especially so for someone with diabetes

Our cases are rather different, so there's not too much you can glean from my case, I guess -- M.

• Posted

I have High blood pressure and diabetes.  We are all different but that ok  Take it easy  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.