Proctitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i was dianosed with this 16 month's ago and have just finnished a six week course of steriods, but the bleeding is still there?  I don't get any pain from this condition, just really bad wind with gastro bug feeling in my stumache that worsens after eating anything. Is this part of the condition?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Thanks in advance Brian.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi have u had investigations done ? Usually no bleeding with IBS ... Would go back to GP and ask for referral to gastroenterologist if you are not already
    • Posted

Hi jane, i had a Sigmoidoscopy done and was told that it was proctitis, but i can't get the bleeding to stop showing when i empty my bowels. The consultant thinks i missed taking my meds, but i took it all.
    • Posted

What drugs are they giving you? Possibly you have piles as well?
  • Posted

I had this years ago, and although they describe it as chronic, it went away. While I had it then my symptoms were similar to yours. There are drugs to control it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.