Profound Insomnia

Posted , 2 users are following.

My insomnia began with physical addiction to Xanax, and a horrible doctor did NOT taper me off of Xanax.

I had horrible seizures and then beyond hell insomnia. He then prescribed very, very, very toxic

neuroleptics. I became a total zombie on a very poisonous neuroleptic !!! I developed TARDIVE DYSKINESIA !!!! ( a terrible neurological, permanent brain impairment ) This was 26 years ago !!

I was then prescribed Klonopin which helped me sleep some, but is EXTREMELY physically addicting.

I tried repeatedly to safely ween off of Klonopin, but could not, because of bad insomnia. I was in

the "psychiatric trap." Today, as of the start of 2020, i STILL have horrendous insomnia. Sleep maybe

3-4 hours per night. .. This all started due to Xanax for high anxiety... I would have been MUCH better,

if i had never taken even one Xanax. If you have panic or anxiety, please do not take pills. Go to

a talking therapist, and then exercise, eat right, and maybe go to a Natureopathic Doctor.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i have fallen into the same trap. i cold turkeyed 10mg if diazepam in 2015 ended up on olanzapine....now off, mirtazapine.....nearly off, 10mg diazepam daily and 150mg if venlaflaxine. terrified if tapering off the diazepam.

what dose of xanez were you cold turkeyed off ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.