prolapse again??

Posted , 9 users are following.

I still can't believe that I have prolapse again. I'm so upsetting.

I'm 11 weeks post surgery. I had posterior repair, TVT and slings.

It's still long way to back to normal life. I'm tired easily.

Today it was very first time to touch my vagina in the shower and I touched the bulge. It is quite hard. It is harder than it used to be prior surgery. I'm so disappointed. I'm not recoverd yet I can't think to have another surgery.

At 6 weeks check up, doctor told me everything was OK.

I'm so sad....

I'm just hoping it is not. Is there any chance I don't have re prolapse even I touched something???😭

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun,I'm sorry you feel you may of reprolapsed.. It could still be swelling,butbyou know your own body. After just 2weeks after my anterior repair I ferlt that weird sensation again so went back to consultant. Even after 5visuts he still told me all was normal.. I knew it wasn't but listened to him all the way through, ii then got a second opinion with a new urogynacologist which was highly recommended to me back home in south Wales. Im so glad I did because I was right all along,its back and causing me so much mental distress. The awful stuck tampon feel drives me crazy,I now am waiting to have it done again. I have 200% faith he will do a better and stronger one this time jot just a generic repair like the other one did. This is my own take on things love but you know your boidy and don't let any consultant tell you otherwise. Get a second opinion then you can move forward.good luck hun x

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl. Thank you for quick and helpful response. Sorry to hear that you have reprolapse. I understand you had tough time not known what happened even after 5 visits. I'm pleased that you seeked the second opinion and you are in good hands.

In 5 visits, have you seen same doctor?

• Posted

Hi tomoko

Yes I saw my previous consultant 5times and each time I knew it was there, but he kept telling me all was fine. That's when I had had enough of being fobbed off and made to feel it was all in my mind..I'm very in tune and knew that was not the case. My new consultant knew ad soon as he examined me. I had a thorough examination, measurements etc and I felt listened too. I'm scared of the next leg of my journey but I know I'm in very safe experienced hands. Healing energy coming your way🙏🙏🙏

• Posted

Are you sure it's a prolapse and not swelling?  The fact that you've described it as hard makes me think it's swelling which you can still get at this late stage.

• Posted

Thank you for replying Matron. I really hope itis just swelling. As I never touched the part after surgery I can't compare it with one right after surgery. Matron, do you know when it settled if it is swelling?

• Posted

Hello welshgirl. It's good to hear from you again x

• Posted

I think it's reasonable to expect some swelling up to 14 weeks post op. The general rule is that the swelling can get worse over the weeks before it gets better. I can remember swelling just before I returned to work at 13 weeks so if I were you I'd take things easy and when you can elevate your legs to relieve any pressure and see how things are. The only way to find out is by examination by your doctor obviously but this surgery does take a long time for full recovery to take place, anything up to a year before we feel "normal" again so I would expect the odd symptoms and setbacks to make us panic.

• Posted

Yes, I got into panic a bit. I'm so scared.

But you gave me a little relief. It can be swelling 'cause i'm still 11 weeks post op. I'll try to relax and try to have a rest more with feets up. I didn't know sitting position is not good either.

• Posted

Sitting can put pressure on the vulval area putting your feet up can reduce that. It's only natural to be scared because this operation is not pleasant and recovery is difficult and frustrating at times. I'd probably be scared as well. Just take things easy for a while and see your GP if you need the reassurance x

• Posted

So glad to read you can still get swelling. I am 10 weeks post and still have the sticky swelling feeling with a very sore back and have been paranoid that the prolapse is back but now I know it's still common to have it at this stage has made me feel a bit better . I can't help but keep having a look to see if the swelling looks any less.

• Posted

Hi anne-marie. I'm not brave enough to have a look the part....

I feel sick today. I might just have a cold but I always think it relates the surgery lol

Hope we are backing to normal soon.

• Posted

Hi matron

I bet you didn't expect to see me on here again with another failed repair. Goes to show how these repairs are so complicated isn't it. I know its nothing I've done ad I was so good all those weeks of just rest. My husband was marvellous and did everything, ad you know.What I did find out was the old consultant just dfoes genetic repairs and uses the same techniques on all.. My new one doesn't do that,all ladies bits are unique😂😂

Do you have any advice for me matron? I've known you for quite some time now, we go back a while and appreciate your expert advice😘

• Posted

Hope it's just the cold tomoko and nothing else.

I have this horrible feeling something isn't right and can't help but look. Before surgery I was told I had all 3 prolapses but when the consultant was going the repair he said only anterior and posterier needed repaired but I am wondering now that they are repaired if the uterus has prolapsed more. The pain in my back has been unreal the past couple of weeks, the initial swelling feeling had disappeared but that's came back as well . I'm going to phone the consultant on Tuesday for advice , just so scared sad

• Posted

Hi Anne-marie

I was in your situation and went back for 5visits to be told all is OK. I then decided to have a second opinion from a new urogynacologist recommended by a friend.I am so glad I did as my fears were confirmed and my anterior repair hadn't held up, ii am now waiting to have a it redone. I can't bear this stuck tampon feel each day,it drives me crazy. I have to use coconut oil every day in my vagina to ease the feeling. I have cried rivers of this but now I've accepted it and now and look forward to it all out of the way and on the recovery path. Listen to your body as you know it better than any surgeon. Xx

• Posted

I've not seen anyone yet but defo going to call him on Tuesday. So sorry to hear yours has failed , have you been told how long you need to wait to have it re-done?

I don't know if I can afford to take the time off work again, I am only going back tomorrow after having 10 weeks off, will just need to wait and see , hoping if it has failed maybe physio can help xx

• Posted

I tried physio but made no difference to the bulge inside me.

I am doing my pelvic floor exercises and always will.

I had my repair done last April so it will be at least a year between therm. I am on the list now but hopefully won't havevto wait to long. Financially its really hard but I try to not worry to much ad health comes first. I'm back to work but ad imonly part time I don't qualify for SSP so that's going to be very hard. My husband is a police officer so may have to do extra shift's bless him wehile I'm off again. X

• Posted

I knew your surgery had failed welshgirl and just how devastating it was for you because I know you did everything by the book! You were just really unlucky and I don't think there's any advice I can give you because you didn't do anything wrong last time. I'm sure this time it will be a success but try not to get too anxious this time. You were extremely anxious last time so relax more because anxiety tenses your muscles and a lot of muscles are involved in prolapse repair. Do you know when you are having your operation?

• Posted

I don't mind having to wait a year as that would help me to save. Like you I'm only part time and don't get ssp, we've only just managed this time , we both earn minimum wage and my husband is waiting to go for a hernia repair op and with him being main wage earner we are having to save like mad to cover what he is going to loose as well. Life likes to kick you when you are down doesn't it sad

• Posted

Life is tough enough without all these Hurdle's to jump.. We will come out into the light in the end.we ate stronger than we realise. X

• Posted

No date yet but I've had pre op tests so I'm ready if they get a cancellation. Thry are really helpful so hope its not too long matron.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.