Prolapse bladder

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had operation with mesh 2 weeks ago and still feel dreadful. Also have Thrush and pain in bum and legs which apparently is Sciattica....didn't realise it would be as bad as this...feel smelly and no energy at all to do any thing......anyone had a repair using mesh cos I seriously regret having it now!!!!   Help................

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Eve

I had a TVT bladder repair with mesh 2 years ago.  It cured my stress incontinence 100% but my bladder prolapse again 8 months later.

What type of surgery did you have?

• Posted

Hi Debi

I had a cystole,and a bladder repair using pig membrane! with mesh....not sure what it is called. I never had leakage,it was just prolapse but I had a repair with just stitches 5 years ago and that didn't work. After that op I felt ok but this has been very different....Do you still have mesh?

• Posted

Hi Eve,

Yes i do still have the mesh.  I havent had any problems with that side of things fortunately although i have read of ladies who have.  As i said previously i do have a bladdre prolapse again probably around stage 2 and i am just living with it and trying to maintain the level that it is at by using my electrode machine for my pelvic floors.  You are still very early days so just watch what you are doing.

• Posted

Two weeks is very early days yet. It takes 5-8 weeks to settle down. Everyone gets discomfort, bulging etc for a few weeks it gets worse before it gets better. If it was done vaginally then think of the small space the surgeon has to work in. You are pulled and pushed around so natural to take weeks to settle down. I had anterior repair done early December. Went back to work after 13 weeks and ended up with a bad cough and cold and am now off again as coughing has made me sore and tender again.
    • Posted

outlook doesn't seem too good so far but thanks for the advice Barbara,
  • Posted

Don't regret it. I had TOT mesh sling approx. 4wks ago and no regrets. I had ecoli infection in urine for 4wks post-op from one week on. I stupidly didn't squeak that all was maybe not as I expected!! Had to have 2 courses AB's to fix that. You are early days. The sciatica was probably caused by the lithotomy position they have you in to perform the surgery!! Legs up in slings on poles basically!! Ya kinda don't want to know!! But as you maybe have ongoing issues that could be fully that reason for, then I thought I would mention it in case you hadn't realised in surgery position! Best Of Luck and truly you are early days. That 1st 6wks is tough but you will come out better off after that. Hugs
    • Posted

Sorry but that should read "4 months ago", not 4 wks!! Couldn't find edit tab
    • Posted

Thanks Robyn....I feel much better for chatting in this group because I felt down and alone and you've been through a lot haven't you? I thought the sciatica was probably because of the surgery position,but you have brightened me up with your reply!   Hugs to you too!
  • Posted

fwiw, the pig membrane is what I was told my surgeon would be using.  She said it was absorbable and took 12 weeks to absorb.

I haven't had my surgery yet but from reading things here, people are usually having a rough time that soon after surgery but it does get better.

If you are in pain, please do get pain relief.  Can your GP help you with that?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.