Prolapse repair failure :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im so glad Ive found this forum as I sometimes I feel alone with this.

Im 36yrs old have two children (11 & 8) and for the past six months have suffered with bowel (grade 2) bladder (grade 3) and uterus (grade 3) prolaspes.

Im a childminder and have horses so lots of lifting (im small framed too) plus have crohns disease so always using the toilet.

I had surgery three weeks ago and had the anterior and posterior walls repaired (plus labial reduction) they felt hysterectomy wasnt necessary as it went back on its own once the other repairs were done.

Everything has been fine, cant take pain relief due to allergies but its been bearable, was using the toilet (bowels) from day one without issue, I had an infection which has now gone thanks to ABs. Itching is driving me crazy but regular salt baths help, starting to potter round house.... on the mend so i thought...

But last week my bladder re-prolasped. (went to A&E for confirmation) Gutted beyond belief that this has happened again and so soon sad

consultant wants to see me at the prearranged six week check as she doesnt want to disturb anything, and the I'll require more surgery sad

has this happened to anyone else ? Just feeling a bit sorry for myself at the mo rolleyes

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your bladder. I must admit I was told to avoid baths until I see my consultant again in 6 wks time. Have you been resting for the last 3 weeks?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My consultant and her nurse both recommended regular salt baths which Ive been doing about 2-4 times a day to help with external stitches.

Ive been pretty much bed ridden as my husband is too scared to let me loose on the house. but ive have started pittering about and doing the washing up and walking down to our stable yard (end of garden) and sitting whilst my kids do their ponies. Ive put bridles on but nothing heavy like saddles etc.. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

because im either allergic to or cant take due to crohns pretty much all analgesic, I just have a high pain threshold. I gave birth to both babies with out painrelief (even no gas and air !) and when i broke my back, all ribs left side, ruptured spleen, lacerated stomach and bladder following a riding accident 3yrs ago I couldnt take a single thing - now that was agonising, and I wanted to die........this is a piece of cake in comparison !
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I find a suggestion a fellow forum ladie posted helps with the pain and discomfot really well. A little water on a pad and freeze it - use as an ice pack. Works better than icepack as not a bulky and moulds to your body shape down ther. really helps with itchying. Good luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi sorry to hear what has happened and that you need more surgery, I had a posterior prolapse repair January last year and woke from surgery to be told I needed a hysterectomy and anterior repair which I had last August I am still getting lower back and abdomen pain, I hope your surgery goes well and just take things very slow and easy and hopefully you will recover well x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up