Prolapse sensation again some days

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I wondered if anyone has experienced this and would be grateful for any advice. I am 13 weeks post a and p repair and still have internal stitches but some days I feel as if I have a slight prolapse again as my vagina still feels as if there is a small ball in there low down and pressure at the top of my legs. Didn't know whether to get my GP to check or do I still need to rest up after this length of time since my operation. Hope you are all recovering well xx

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dianne - we had our ops at the same time and i am exactly the same - it just doesnt feel right - i can get an appt to see my consultant for a post op check until 1st July!!! 6 months post op! I would so like the reassurance that the operation was a success but shes "just too busy".

Im just as uncomfortable now as i was pre-op so would also like to hear from ladies (and Matron of course) that this is all normal 😢 nearly 14 weeks post op.

• Posted

If you still have some internal sutures diane it means you probably haven't completely healed and therefore you could still have a small lump. Sometimes ladies don't heal as quickly and I've known ladies who still feel a stitch after 16 weeks but after that you should make an appointment with the practice nurse who will remove it. By all means if you're concerned see your GP but check the surgery website and see if any of them have any gynaecology training as they will have more knowledge. 
    • Posted

Hi Matron how can you tell if you still have sutures? I am 13.5 weeks and have not seen any stitches coming away - how do i know if they have all dissolved?
    • Posted

The only way you can tell is if you can feel or see them. You can usually feel them when you are walking but if you get to roughly 10 weeks and everything feels ok then the chances are they've dissolved and don't worry if you didn't see anything in your underwear or in the toilet because a lot if ladies don't, I didn't.
    • Posted

I haven't seen any come away yet matron , I'm 8/9 weeks post op. I know the jaggy end of one at the posterior has gone.

The other night was stretched on couch with feet up on hubby's knee and he was getting up to move, so I drew my knees up for first time ever, he did not move quickly enough and I could feel jagged stitches, actually very painful , streaming at him to move away quickly so I could stretch feet out again. Was sore for day or two, so stitches still there!

Phyl ☺☺

• Posted

Yes you are right definitely sounds like they are still there. I have no idea how long mine took to dissolve but remembering how uncomfortable I was probably later than 10 weeks. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the advise matron it puts my mind a t rest my gyne said no intercourse either while stitches are there 😭😭
    • Posted

He's right diane just might be painful for both of you 😉😉
  • Posted

Hi Diane, I'm 5 months post op and many times I have felt like the prolapse has came again and after checking by my gyn everything was ok. I was constantly looking at my vagina because I thought that I had prolapsed again and one day I decided not to look at it any more cos I was getting mad. As for the stitches, I still have stitches inside (As my gyn could check last week) The sensations can make you wrong. There can be a feeling of prolapse without having it. Don't worry too much, these sensations are normal. Hugssss!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Posted

I'm 2 weeks anterior hun and I feel like I got a feeling of something.. Obviously I still got all my s

Stitches .I'm not looking anymore ad it can drive you insane.xxx

• Posted

Thank you all for the replies it sure helps to share xxx
  • Posted

How many stitches do you recone for a a&p repair ladies internal and external xx

• Posted

I personally think it would be hard to find 2 ladies with exact same repair extent on here. Also highly depends on each Surgeon I'm sure. Also how much needed repairing, so it is going to widely vary. 
  • Posted

Mine were all gone at my 6wk post-op check. He said can go have sex again now - what a horrifying propect that was too at the time!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.