Prolapse surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had the surgery for my prolapse on 17th January 17. I have had SM slight period type pain today and I have also found when inserting a peserie that I have to use twice a week some of what I think must be the sling they inserted in my vaginal entrance. Should I be worried?

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

debbie if you think you can feel the sling and couldn't before then you probably need to contact either your GP or urogynaecologist. Can you feel it very high up?

• Posted

No I can feel some of it near my vaginal opening. It's not putruding but it's there when I insert my finger.

• Posted

I think you need to get some medical advice debbie. It sounds as though it could be the tape and if it is the sooner you see your urogynaecologist the better. I'm so sorry debbie, I hope I'm wrong 😘

• Posted

Hi went to doctors to get checked. It seems it's the internal stitches that are coming away. So hopefully everything OK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.