Prolong bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

I posted on here 12 days ago that I had been spotting for 5 days only 4 days after my period. The day after I posted that, it tuned into what appeared to be an actual period again (only 6 days after my normal period) Only no pain and the flow was inconsistent.  It would be medium for a few days and then light for a day, over and over. I am still actively bleeding. Keep in mind I have no pain and absolutely no clots, lining of uterus or anything is coming out in the blood. I have also been very bloated. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I’m starting to get worried. Keep in mind I have a drs appt next week but don’t know if I should be asked to be seen sooner. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You should go to your obgyn to run some test cuz some stds can cause bleeding
    • Posted

That’s where my head went at first too but I’ve been recently checked and was clear rolleyes that’s obviously a good thing. I just want to know what’s wrong haha
    • Posted

Same here no stds clear test have you done a pregnancy test? It might just be your hormones too
    • Posted

No I haven’t. That’s something I’ll have to do. Thanks for your help. You’re the best!
  • Posted

Just wanted to update the post for anyone that sees this looking for answers. I did take a pregnancy test 5/21/18 and it was positive and my primary care dr confirmed my pregnancy the next day. 5/24/18 they did an ultrasound since I was bleeding and I found out I have an ectopic pregnancy and was given 2 methotrexate shots the same day to basically make my body miscarry the baby. I am going back to get my blood drawn regularly to make sure my hcg levels are decreasing. If you have having symptoms like mine, seek medical attention before it gets so bad that your life is in danger. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.