Prolonged Bleeding....Are think really set to Change?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies

I've read here of many different experiences of changing cycles, heavy

bleeding/Missed Ps/irregular PS etc.

I've always been regular as clockwork - great when you're young, not so

when you're wanting them to stop altogether! - but there's something about December that makes my cycle go nuts!

I've bled for 19 out of the past 25 days with a break in between. Last year the same happened. Not sure if its the emotion of the time of year (find it really sad with having lost loved ones).

Also accompanied with upset tummy/ache/constipation - What's that all

about???

I don't mind things starting to move on apace but can't be doing with these

extended Ps - will this be what to expect every month now?

Be nice to hear from anyone who's experienced/ing this, as its no fun!sad

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well one thing is for sure, we can't all be cracking up 😃 

My diary is not even enigma code any more it's full on descriptive text....menopause is clearly the book inside of me haha....

I bled from Sept 2013 to Sept 2014 with a few days off, every bit as vile as you all describe. Then joy of joys no period til the obligatory Christmas  New Year argh!!!! But I was due on again last Monday and just a pink spot, another pink spot this morning...getting excited! What's the bets I have full flow next Monday when I start a new job? 

i am staying positive I'm through the worst of the periods, the rest I can cope with. Constant bloody aches and pains moving round my body, freezing or flushing lol....just read this huge thread on HRT and going to stick this out without.

big hugs xxxx

• Posted

Well Done that Girl!

If I thought my Peri symptoms generally wouldn't get much worse, I think I'd hold back with the HRT.  But really, the biggest thing about it all is this bleeding!  When am I going to get irregular, let alone miss a P??!

I say all this as at the mo I feel on a completely unusual 'High'.  Maybe its because I'm so bloody pleased to have stopped bleeding over Xmas/NYr.

My heart goes out to you Crazydaisy:  I didn't stop moaning because I bled for 19 days. I think you are a bloody Saint to have gone a whole year!  Don't tell me:  you were being sponsored by Kotex?!!cheesygrin

Seriously, I don't go out the door without wearing a panty liner as I can spot at will.  During those 19 days I constantly mithered about smelling.  Its just not fair is it?

You sound strong and like you're kicking the ar*e of this Peri nightmare.  I hope you don't get your delayed P and that you're truly on your way to Menopause. 

Be great to think this is how bad it gets.....and then come out of it feeling relatively fine, enough to get on with the rest of our lives.  *Yawn* *Stretch* - Oh sorry, I must have been dreaming there!!

Don't forget to keep posting!! x

• Posted

hi all

ive been prescibed loestrin 20 - anyone else used this one? hopefully to regulate my period and balance my hormones - it's a combined pill thanks xxx

• Posted

What a gift this thread is! I write slouched on the sofa, peering over my hot water bottle which seems to have become permanently attached to my abdomen.

I'm on day 37 (all notes in ipad calendar) of spotting, dripping and the occasional gush. Aches, pains, cramps and a low level nausea are my constant companions. (Weird after 40 years of carefree periods & 2 easy pregnancies)

Doc is sending me for all the funnest scans. Was thrilled to get a quick ultrasound till I realised what the rushed appointment means! (I was so truly in need of something else to worry about at 4 am so all good....)

I'm almost 54, have a sex-starved but funny and patient husband and am hoping this is all going to end soon.

My goal is to make it through to the end of this by eating right and exercising. Hahahahahaha. Actually -  have given up running for a little speed walking but I can't seem to get it gear to lose the half stone of Poor-Me/Christmas weight. Maybe when the weather warms up a little.

That's all. Thank you all for being here. Please update your journeys and I will try to do the same. Cheers.

• Posted

millie632,  we were separated at birth - surely?! 

I turned 54 just before Xmas. What a lucky girl: got my P for my birthday AND Xmas.........and again on NY Day! 

I looked back at my phone diary, and I had the same lovely Xmas/NY last year.  Truth is: I really miss my late parents/in-laws and family Xmases etc - sign of getting old??!!

Strangely, once I did eventually stop bleeding (after 19 days in 25!!), I instantly went into an almost bi-polar-proportions unnatural 'High', lasted for a week - great! 

Today,woke up feeling less enthusiastic and a bit fatigued. For someone who has also been trouble-free with Ps generally, and is usually regular as clockwork, its thrown me as I'm having to work out changes in me now.  Really hoping this is the start of irregular and missed Ps. Truly can't wait!

Will have to get back into my speed walking vids as I now know how great I felt doing that (Ladies: have a look on YouTube for these vids. They are just so easy to fit into a day and really do life your mood).

Well I'm sitting tight and just waiting now.  Really DO NOT want to see any more blob from here on in!  Watch this space........cheesygrin! x

PS - Think we must have the same sort of husbands! 

• Posted

Well. Since I last posted a few days ago, I've had the most disturbing time. The drip drip drip of the previous few weeks turned into floods - and not just from where you would expect it. Seriously- gushing "cyclical rectal bleeding". Whatever the one place produced - the other did too. Horrifying, scary, messy and exhausting.

GP was mystified but happy to wait it out until I'd had all my scans. She gave me norethisterone if I wanted to try to stop it all. I wallowed (physcially & emotionally) for a couple of days but it got so bad that I decided to take the pills. And what do you know - both bleeds reduced and stopped at exactly the same time.

So..(after consulting Dr Google), I'm pretty sure this is endometriosis which has attached itself in an inconvenient place. I was diagnosed with "mild endo" some years ago but it wan't bothersome. I'm guessing that oestogen is having a party in my uterus and progesterone wasn't invited.

All seems well at the moment and I'll fill you in if anything else arises. Sheesh. (the words in my head are not that polite,) Had enough.

• Posted

millie, you poor gal!   There's me been moaning on about my constipation (felt like giving birth earlier this week!), I was worrying about causing internal haemarroids.  The throbbing's calmed down, until tomorrow, of course! Thank God for stool softeners!!

Your situation sounded awful.  Bloody endo, I'd worked with ladies who suffered terribly:  one in particular used to have such a bad time each month that she used to take herself to A&E where they used to pump her full of morphine! 

I know what you mean about putting it off, and putting it off.....we just try to 'will' things to stop don't we?   So glad the meds worked for you tho'.

No doubt you're feeling a bit knackered with it all.  Watch out that you don't get very low in iodine/iron.  Hark at me!  I'm sure both those minerals cause........constipation!!

Well I'm still in a good mood. Haven't started bleeding - yet! - but bottled out of re-starting  with my Bioidentical Progesterone Cream today for fear that it will make me bleed!  Can't win, can we?

I'm sitting here praying that I'm gunna skip a P this month, and the next, and the next.  Just want a break as I'm fed up with it all.  I have to wear tampons AND towels as on a heavy day, I'm having to change them both within the hour.  Great when you want to do anything remotely sociable. 

If the moderator will allow, I'd type those words in your head.  I swear like a trooper: the way I look at it, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do ANY drugs:  I've got to have one vice surelylol!

Chin Up Gal, we're all in this together x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.