Promising few days and a bit of hope for everyone

Posted , 14 users are following.

I just want to share this with everyone as I've been feeling like my true self for the last four days - I feel just really well with a spring in my step and thank god too as I know I'll hit a bad patch again. This year so far I've had sickness (3 months) along with stiff neck and head pain (5 months utter hell), numb fingers toes, dizzy and foggy head most of the year so far, aching joints, rapid heart etc - have been constantly at the doctors, had scans, blood tests x 3 and then woke up Thursday and didn't have a single symptom and I'm still symptom free - unbelievable - im just really enjoying the moment as I'm not a complete fool - I know they'll be back but I just wanted to share this to give hope to those who are having a horrid - these last few days have made me feel confident that I'm not dying of some terrible disease and the anxiety has just gone - I haven't taken any supplements - I'm going through it naturally and haven't had a period now for three months - this is new to me - my periods were every two to three weeks for the last two years - hang in there everyone and I hope this is giving some hope that these symptoms will go eventually - I know mine will be back but I'm just enjoying the moment X

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Wonderful Sophie,

I am glad to hear you are feeling better and enjoying your symptom free days. I too had lots of scans , tests, and overnight hospital stays and all was ok. I have a week or two where I feel great and like you I embrace and take full advantage. So enjoy and wishing you even more better days ahead..((Hugs))

• Posted

Hi Sophie, this is really wonderful!  The good days are definitely worth recognizing and celebrating.  Enjoy this time, especially the feeling of knowing that your mind and body are calm and well.
  • Posted

Hi Sophie thank you for telling us that you are feeling yourself again must be s relief and yes I know you said it might come back but enjoy darling I hoping Anxiety will lift with me and my funny head so long to feel myself again. I just taking each day as it comes, my periods they have not come for about 6 months now hope I go all the way, bless you hugs.
  • Posted

So pleased for you Sophie...enjoy your wellness and hope its long lasting for you.....thanks it does give us all hope xxx
  • Posted

Don't underestimate the power of anxiety! It will cause all kinds of symptoms and then that causes even more anxiety. So maybe now that you feel better, the anxiety is lower and you can continue on this path. Thats great! I personally suggest that if you havent had a period in 3 months let the doctor know. Not because it's anything bad but my doctor always put me on progesterone to start my period. Because they don't want that lining to build up for a long time.

• Posted

Yes I've told doctor so she ran hormone test and confirms I'm meno but unsure what stage in peri or what - no idea. Had smear and transvaginal scan earlier in the year with my gynaecologist (annual thing) - have fibroids but small (had myomectomey about 8 years ago to remove one the size of a 4 month foetus) so I'm monitored closely and I go for every test going - so I'm on it. Anxiety is hell with me - totally agree it elevates my symptoms into some unknown stratosphere but it's just gone - like the click of a switch - still a little amazed but it could be because I've found a good female doctor who is older than me (I'm 48) and confirmed I'm not going mad and don't need CBT - so I hope this good spell stretches through the summer - who knows!!!! x

• Posted

Thanks for sharing this good news, Sophie. It will bring hope for so many who are experiencing some terrible symptoms and anxiety.There is light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes the menopause is blamed for a lot of symptoms, but sometimes it is the wear and tear of getting older.

Having a positive mental attitude really helps. So it is refreshing to read your post! Wishing you many, many more of these happy days! 😃

• Posted

Oh what a great positive post and don't put it into your head that the bad symptoms will return, remember you get what you focus on

It's certainly made me feel better knowing the symptoms or sensations can just switch off

I have been suffering from similar symptoms the dizziness/off balance and for the past few months I've been blaming myself for tensing my neck, now I'm avoiding moving it as the fear has taken hold, scared to turn incase I get dizzy, what a situation I've got myself into, don't know how to change it

I wish you all the best Sophie and keep going don't let fear and anxiety bring any symptoms back, stay positive

Love

Brenda

• Posted

Hi Brenda I totally sympathise with your neck - mine isn't altogether 'gone' by my oh my it's virtually gone and after nearly six months I couldn't turn my head left - utter hell and driving was interesting. C I don't want to bang on but I really thought I had something wrong with my brain and true to form doctors thought I was mad - when these symptoms hit and don't go away how can you just 'forget about it' and get on with life? You can't and so endless tests to doctor and then along comes the anxiety - all I can say is that I've been taking turmeric and had 

• Posted

5 sessions of cranial osteopathy and finding that too gentle have seen recently an osteopath who seems to have really helped me and I've been told to get regular massage - that might help yr neck Brenda because there is nothing worse - I very much hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thanks Sophie but I'm too scared to let anyone touch me

My GP gave me accupuncture and I jumped up off the chair lol cos he pressed his hand firmly on the back of my neck

I've had a bit of a stiff neck for a few years, not too bad, noticed it more while I was driving, looking up etc but this is rediculous, Dono how I'm going to get it moving cos it's bordering on obsession worrying all the time about dizziness ????

I seem to be scared of everything at the moment lol

Best wishes, onwards and upwards!!

Brenda x

• Posted

Brenda look up cranial osteopathy - it is so gentle and the source is normally in the lower back which is affecting your neck -  find one and go and try - do not touch a chiropractor - they are brutal. Cranial is all about pressure points or try reflexology which may help relieve the tension through your feet - it is certainly worth a try and very relaxing - I know you've been suffering for a while as I've seen many of your posts - you shouldn't be suffering like this so please try what I've suggested - I'm sure it'll help x

• Posted

Your right Brenda these horrid symptoms make you obsessed and then more anxious. I've had cbt but I think it's something we have to do on our own. How can we not be anxious when week after week we feel so ill.

• Posted

Thanks Sophie I'll look that up and also consider the reflexology, that seems like a good option to help relax me without touching my neck

Your right I've been suffering too long and also allowing fear to stop me from getting help, I just feel so stuck in all of this, I have a history of ME so I think this may also have reared its ugly head due to suffering severe anxiety/stress

Thanks again and best wishes to you going forward

Brenda xx

• Posted

That's what I keep saying Michelle, how can we remain positive when everyday we wake up with the same horrible sensations and symptoms, it makes me feel so anxious and out of control, I long for the day I can look back on this stage of my life

Like the other ladies are saying I feel sorry for my husband having to go through this with me I think he's really fed up, won't let him near me incase it makes me dizzy, won't even let him kiss me cos I won't move my head, wonder if anyone is as bad as this, might start a discussion actually about this to see if I'm the only one

Hope things getter better for you soon Michelle, take care

Love

Brenda xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.