Proof they work

Posted , 1 user is following.

Well, if I needed proof that the Flu works I have had it today.

Despite all the setbacks of the last few months (can't sell house, dad with cancer, my redundancy) we had decided to arrange a short holiday with my parents over Easter (to celebrate my birthday).

So, today I get 2 phone calls at exactly the same time. 1 to say my dad has to have an MRI tomorrow and may be in hospital over Easter AND hubby phoning to say his company has announced redundancies.

Now I know that a week ago I would be sitting in the loo crying my eyes out by now but I guess the tabs work as I am still at my desk. OK, feel a bit anxious but no where near as emotional.

Yay for Flu!!!!!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey LellyM,

Had the same kind of thing happening to me the other day, nothing compared to what is going on in you life but anyway it was just a simple thing (my boyfriend left me over night) and a month ago I would have blown up into pieces but instead I was Ok, enjoying to be on my own and having a great time!

However, is feeling really anxious and sad today because he is leaving me for 3 weeks to go abroad and I am also feeling really shirtty because of something that had nothing to do with me but that happened to my colleague!

I don't like all the bad days.. it's still getting me down!!

P

• Posted

Hi Pumpkin,

don't sweat the bad days. They would be so much worse without the Flu!

We all have good days and bad days it is just a matter of scale. We all experience them differently as well.

So lets keep going forward. Emotions are strange things. Most people don't admit to having them but they are there.

If boyfriend is going abroad for 3 weeks, take the opportunity to make time for YOU. Book a few treats (spa treatment? lunch with the girls etc) and enjoy your freedom. 3 weeks is not long.

Lelly. xx

• Posted

Well, yesterday was dreadful. Major amounts of stress. In fact I woke up at 5am in the grips of an anxiety attack, stomach churning, shaking etc.

Felt better once I had my flu this am. Now a lot better and coping again.

I hate to think what I would have been like without!

• Posted

Hi Lelly,

I am sorry to hear that you felt like that yesterday if it is any help I am feeling like rubbish myself and I haven’t felt like this for ages.. was finally thinking that the depression was starting to lift but it is beginning to look very dark again!!

How long have you been on flu?

Hope you feel better..

P

• Posted

Hi Pumpkin9

I have only been on flu for a week so I guess the levels are still building.

A bit better now. Still feel a bit shaky in the stomach but handled another stressful situation at work with ease. In fact I even managed to laugh about it.

So definitely feeling brighter now. I know my dad had depression but I never realised just how debilitating it was. It is nice that he understands.

Hubby tries to understand but he is a little on the \"just be cheerful\" side of things.

:x

Best friend is wonderful (well aren't they all?) She has been through all the same stuff and wasn't surprised when I told her I had been diagnosed. I guess she knows me better than I do!

Lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.