Propanolo + Sertraline

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've been taking sertraline for five days for GAD. Had

Some side effects.. I usually take propanolo to stop the physical symptoms but noticed my pupils are much bigger than normal. I've started a new job and I work with the public. My team members noticed but didn't say anything, don't want to have to tell my Boss. I didn't take the propanolo yesterday and my eyes were fine, but felt a little bit of anxiety.

I was fine with propanolo before is this issue because of the sertraline? Anyone else experienced

This? Will it subside? I want to continue with both as I don't want heightend anxiety with starting a new drug. I take sertraline at night and propanolo in the morning.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't have the answer but can tell you I'm on the same medication for the last 4 days- what dosage are you on? My doctor told me it takes about 2-3 weeks for your system to settle with sertraline

• Posted

I'm on 50mg.. I do feel it's doing something already do you? Hopefully it will settle in a few weeks and can take the propanolo if need be.

• Posted

I'm on 50mg for the first week and 100 thereafter and up to 120mg of propanolol a day. I think it's helping a bit but what would help more would be stepping away from google and stopping focusing on every tiny little sensation in my body and convincing myself something is dreadfully wrong- except I can't do that in case something is! Do you know what I mean?

• Posted

I keep doing it too it's how I found this forum.  How you finding the combination of theses two drugs? I still need the propanolol but it's causing my pupils to dilate and I can't go to work like that. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.