Propanolol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anyone else on this medication?

Does it help and do you get any side effects esp if asthmatic

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm on Propanolol and it's really helped me get through the side effect panic attacks when starting Sertraline, not sure about being asthmatic though.. sorry!
  • Posted

Asthmatics not allowed beta blockers.
    • Posted

Years ago it was thought this but with improvement there is now proof that copd, and asmatics actually improve with beta blockers

however it also depends on relief medication

• Posted

Thanks all, I had a mild panic attack about 50 mins after having the first tablet but don't think that's anything to do with the meds

I've been told to expect the meds to take a while to have an effect. Just hope they work as need them to x

• Posted

I just started taking 20 mg at bedtime.. The only side affect I've noticed is peeing a lot and a Lil fatigue.. When do u take it and how many mg ?
    • Posted

I've been put on 10mg and told to take one tablet a day about 20 mins before lunch to help me try and cope with eating

X

• Posted

Its helps with calming you down also.. Stick with it.. I'm on day 3 but am sticking with it.. I have high bp due to anxiety and headache's so hoping it helps me.. Good luck gun xx
    • Posted

Thanks hun, I suppose it will take a while to enter our systems and work but as you said will stick with it and keep working on the anxiety in the meantime

Good luck, hope the tablets kick in for you soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.