Propanolol Newby

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have just been given some Propanolol for anxiety to go along with Escitalopram 10mg daily.  Have read Propanolol not to be taken with asthma.  I dont have asthma but sometimes have a tight chest for a couple of minutes with freshly cut grass in the Summer (very mild hayfever) I guess.  I have rarely taken hayfever med but this of course started me worrying.  Anyone else take Propanolol (beta blockers) with hayfever. I do realise it's not a hayfever time of year but of course it will come around!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know much about the medication. I would ask you doctor or pharmacist.

I was on Aropac but found out it affects your liver and because I have a fatty liver

I didn't want to take it. I decided to go natural. What ever you decide ask questions.

Best of luck 😊

• Posted

Hi Lorraine...they prescribed me that Propanol...and my Drs. are all well aware that I have asthma, COPD, Emphyesema....and I had the same question....and they were not too concerned..only wanted to know if I experienced more symptoms while on the Propanol....I was AGAINST taking it only because I was MAD that they took me off my tranqualizer....The Propanol was supposed to be equivalent to the anxiety medication and for me...it did not touch my anxiety (maybe because I didn't let it).

I found my old Dr...and I told him with that "witch" did...to me by taking away the anxiety...and he gave me back my anxiety pills.

I do remember taking it and it didn't really do anything negative to me..and like I said...i do many pulmonary conditions that are mentioned in the caution pamphelet for Propanol.

Just measure how you feel on it....and go from there.

• Posted

hi

​best to talk to your doctor, you should be fine , however if your taking medicine for hayfever than no i would not take it until you let your doc know,and no alchol as this increases the effects of the med.how much med have they given you, 40mg ?  

• Posted

I take Propanalol once a day and it helps wth Palps. I  cant stand heat so i am not looking forward to the summer and i am not lookingforward to the winter. I cant see properley therefore i dont go out alone and i cant stay indoor alone either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.