Propanolol Troubles

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a couple of months ago I had a blip which resulted in me doubling my Paroxetine tablets back to 20mg and also was put onto Propanolol beta blockers 2x 40mg a day.

I never wanted to be back on the beta blockers after being on them a couple of years ago.

Anyway I managed to come down to one beta blocker and last Friday saw my GP again and she said to stop taking them altogether.

I double checked at the time I'd heard right as I thought u had to wean gently.

So it's been two days since i stopped and today I felt really shaky and zoned out.

The shakes were horrible. Over time it has passed though and it didn't provoke me to have a full blown panic attack which is great.

Has anyone else ever come off Propanolol and just done it by stopping a 40mg dose? Just feels like a high dose to just stop??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes and I felt the same way so I took it upon myself to do it gradually. I took my regular dose then cut it down by 10 mg every two days. Then I took 10 mgs for a few days then stopped altogether. It worked for me. I hope it works for you.
    • Posted

Thank u so much for ur reply, I've taken one now and will alternate days with taking it then lower the dose.

Thanks again xxx

• Posted

I don't know why they say quit abruptly. I am not sure of how long it's in your system but cutting down gradually worked for me. Good luck!

• Posted

Dependent on your dose you should be ok. Your GP will be watching your back

Keep a hold

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.