Propranalol for years - Advise please.

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion
goku1g

Hello All,

So, Back in 2012, I started having a bit of heart trouble through my own cause, I used to eat crisps like they were going out of business and managed to get to a weight of near 29 stone which is not good I know.

Well as the title states, "Propranalol for years" I have been on these since June 2012 mainly to help with the anxiety of worrying about having a heart attack and to lower my heart rate and blood pressure, they work fine BUT! even though I managed over the years to gradually lose weight and get down to close to 21 stone, my body is still a fat blubbering mess, man boobs, big saggy belly, the whole shebang, and I'm sick of taking this medication now and according to my GP my ideal weight is someware between 17 - 18 stone cuz I'm 6ft 9.

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get some sort of treatment from the NHS meaning Lipo, Gastric bypass or something, I cant exercise much because of my height my knees and back arnt 100% and the weight doesn't help that either but my job, I work shifts so it's VERY difficult getting into a routine.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Thoughts???

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You lost 8 stone? Kudos, well done, WOW.

You don't need advice, you can absolutely do it and get to 18 stone.

Just do what you've been doing, it works!

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.