Propranolol 10mg advise

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been to and from the doctors multiple times through having chest pains 2 out the 3 said it was stress 1 saying it was muscle/cartledge. I had a bump to the head 3 months ago which started me having panic attacks I've got some nerve damage on the top of my head nothing serious waiting to see a neurologist to look at what we can do to stop that. This caused a lot of panic attacks I had post concussion syndrome so they said I thought I was going to die every day it was horrible after Christmas I started getting chest pains generally over my heart area like stabbing pains not lasting very long I can't tell you weather they get worse when I move I don't really no but they come and go. I am a ani out person but don't think o have Aniexty? But I am wondering if these tablets will help I am scared to take them long term I have had one then stopped 3 or 4 times now do I need to bite the bullet and take them? Has any one else took them for Aniexty related pain? Please any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello there, I suffer health anxiety and was have chest pain and funny turns. I was prescribed propanalol 3 X day. You know , it took me 2 months to bite the bulletin and take it. And I wish I had started taking them from the start. Within a week I felt calmer. After a week, I felt so much happier and wasn't worrying as much. I git my life back thanks to this medication. I don't know if your doc discussed with you but don't rush about , like don't stand up or get out of bed too quickly, you will feel light headed

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply 😌

What mg was you on? Did you have any side effects I've took 1 a days ago and I thought it made me feel spaced out but I don't know if that was just me making myself feel that way?

Are you still on them now?

My doctor didn't really tell me about the tablet to be honest he said try 3 of these a day and see how you get on. I think I need to accept I have a problem and just take them!

• Posted

I'm taking them I have done since Friday one twice a day. And I feel so spaced out this morning I was so faint and felt sick. I don't know if I wa stop keep taking them. Does it get better ?

• Posted

I started them last Thursday night and to be honest they do make me feel spaced out but when I'm occupied they don't a lot of it is Aniexty id say keep on them for a week or so I'm going to give them 2 weeks and see how I go I've been told so many times 10mg ain't a high dose I take one in the morning and one at night

• Posted

I don't know how I felt today I've only had my morning one and I still feel spaced out. I think I'm going to come off of them until I see my doctor in three weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.