Prostate BPH - FLA in Houston UPDATE

Posted , 36 users are following.

It is now 8 weeks since my FLA operation in Houston.  Things could not be better. I have a good healthy stream and I have started to sleep right through the night without having to get up to pee. This is something that has not happened for so long that I thought getting up 6 or 7 times was normal.  There has been no collateral damage whatsoever; no retrograde, no incontinence and no ED.  It's almost as if I never had BPH.  I wish everyone good luck in their own personal search for a remedy.

2 likes, 129 replies

129 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Abbreviation of FLA not understood. Can you briefly explain this procedure pl.
  • Posted

Congratulations!     may I ask what was causing the urine flow restriction in your case please?
    • Posted

I had an 85cc prostate. At the time it was the largest the Dr. had dealt with.
  • Posted

That's a heartening story - thanks for sharing it!

• Posted

Congratulations. You are so fortunate.  I,on the other hand , am 12 weeks post classic TURP and am still struggling with having to pee every 1 to 2 hours during daytime.  I can sleep 4 hours uninterrupted although I was actually sleeping through the night before surgery. I still bleed lightly after a jog. I have been told that I have post op inflamed muscles of the bladder and prostate and simply have to wait.
  • Posted

Congratulations Peter.  Definitely count your blessings.  Many here would gladly change their conditions for yours, including me.  Cheers!!
  • Posted

I also had FLA and A BPH procedure done on June 3rd in Galveston by Dr Walser. Am also peeing better than I have in yrs. was on flomax fir several yrs but dont need it anymore. Just wish Humana would have paid. But I knew they wouldnt going in. Would pay it all over again for procedure. Just pray that mri in Dec will be clear
    • Posted

Bobby,

Are you still doing well at this time.

What made you chose dr walter for your fla?. 

Thanks

• Posted

Glad to hear you're doing well peter. Did you use Dr K? If so I'm curious I think J12080 had a much larger prostate than yours when he had his done by Dr K. Did you have ED prior to FLA? If so has it improved post FLA?

• Posted

Yes Dr K. Sorry my prostate was 185 (not 85). Mild ED before. However Dr. K noted would NOT get worse. WOuld not promise improvement.
  • Posted

Superb case history.  Were the benefits progressive over those 8 weeks, or almost immediate ?
    • Posted

The benefits were progressive and seemed slow at first. I had 13 ablations, which is basically burning the prostate 13 times. There is much trauma and internal bruising which takes time to repair. I had to use a catheter for 2 weeks after the operation.  To be honest for the first month you wonder whether you have done the right thing, but from there on things get better and better. The operation was expensive but I have no regrets and now I feel it was worth every penny.  I suspect this will eventually become the gold standard it is so accurate thanks to the MRI. Every ablation is set up with the MRI

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.