Prostate Information

Posted , 6 users are following.

I don't know if anyone knows this but I ask my urologist alot of question for myself and for some of the men on this site.  Being that there are alot of men looking into the Turp, Holep and GL I was thinking that these procedure cause many problems especially retrograde ejaculation.  Which most men would like to avoid.  I was thinking if they only do one side and open you up you would be able to urinate with no problem and have a normal ejaculation .  So I ask my doctor.  He told me that they can do just one side if they have alot of bleeding but you will still end up with retro.  I never know we were so complcated.  I think we have more problem then women.  This is because when they cut out the prostate they aslo cut out the internal sphincter, and the ejaculatary ducts.  Alot has to go together so we can have a ejaculation.  I do not like dry orgasm they are very flat for me.  So what it comes down to it I found out when you have any part of the prostate cut you will end up with reto.  Thank you and have a good day.  I'm also looking into prostate cancer and no surgery options   Ken 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Kenneth I had a prostate Artery Embolisation (PAE) 18 months ago. It cured my BPH symptoms. I now pee like a horse, have a great sex life with no retro and am as happy as a pig in mud. 

The proceedure is carried out by Interventional Radiologists and is often just a day procedure. No cutting or bleeding. 

Most urologists will bag the proceedure because they don't make any money out of it. There's a very big thread on PAE on this site...check it out.

• Posted

Yes that is one of the new procedures.  I'm very happy you went for that one.  Enjoy your life and all it has in store for you....Yes I have checked it out some of my friends have had it with good out come  Have a great day The reason I put the post out was I throught you could only do one side but any cutting to the prostate will cause problems  Not for me  I had a uro-lift it works great my orgasms are more intence now they they were when I was younger.  The ejaculation is good to.....Happy days  Ken

• Posted

Dear Caringbah,

I got in touch with the Hospital where the Internventional Radiologist works,as you told me ( I am not putting names or links for fear that they moderate my answer..by the way I know you understand to whom I am referring too....

The Nurse said on the phone that even though Medicare does not cover it,the hospital would because is sperimentation,except I would pay for sacn ,Mri etc..but if the ones I have done here in Perth in the local hospital are good for thme,then I might avoid doing them again...so I hope...I am waiting for them to send me the info package by email...I am 67 and my BHP is 370 cc. more or less..

I am so glad and encouraged for your good results,can I ask your age ? ( I have read other guys being not very happy with PAE,but I take your good testimony to proceed because other procedures like Turp etc would be highly risky for me...I was very active and powerful with my mojo,but since this prostate has grown like this,my sex life equals zero...so happy I have a very supportive and understanding wife !

Looking for your answer when you can..thank you mate ,from an ex Italian stallion now a sort of pony! ahhahha...From Perth

• Posted

Hi Roberto, you won't have any problem with the moderators by mentioning Dr Schlapoff's name.

Ex Italian stallion...I love it ! lol.   At least you haven't lost your sense of humor. 

You're 67?  Man, you're just a spring chicken ...I'm 71. 

Thats a huge prostate you've got....maybe you were too active with your mojo. I'm praying that you get it back mate.

Cheers 

Peter

ps PM me if you want.

• Posted

Hello Roberto.  I am just checking on some of my old post.  How are you doing did you ever have the PAE done.  Take care and let me know. 
    • Posted

Caringbah.  How are you doing my friend.  You answered my other post about retro but it will not open.  It said page not found. Please send me another e-mail if you can.  Also how is your PAE going.  I hope well.  Take it easy  Ken
    • Posted

Hi Kenneth, I didn't really have much to offer. I basically just bad mouthed urologists who in my opinion severely down play the possibility and severity of side effects including retro. I think if men really knew how bad these side effects were they wouldn't ever consider TURP.

PAE is going great....19 months now...pee like a horse, no retro, what's not too like. The best part however, is that I don't even think about it anymore whereas previously it had dominated my thought. 

Cheers 

• Posted

I think that is great.  Men have to take charged of there body.  I think they took the post I wrote off can't find it and you were the only one that sent a comment men need to be informed of this and if that is what you are going to get you need to know how it feels before it's to late  Take care and I am happy your doing good  Have a great day  Ken. 

• Posted

Kenneth, I had Button Plasma TURP 5 weeks ago and the Dr only did one side and completely around the bladder neck. This was due to a very large prostate and it took over 1 1/2 hrs, but I got out the same day. The proceedure can be time consuming and tedious due to the instrument only being 4 MM in size. That is alot of back and forth burning on a large prostate. With that being said, I can pee like a race hourse and did not lose my ability to ejacuate. He said he stayed away from the duct and spincter.

No side effects except the normal occassional bleeding, burning while urinating, passing of debris (scabs). All normal for such a harsh operation. It takes 3 months for any organ to heal.  So my point is doctors can do one side and get the same results without losing sexual funtion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.