Prostate pain for last 4 days

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have prostate area pains for the last 4 days.  The pain is zero when I wake up from sleeping but as the day goes along, the pain increases slowly.  My job is mostly sitting down.  By 4pm, I have considerable pain.  I've never had prostate issues.  No pain while urinating and no pain to ejaculate.  Any ideas on what it could be?  Perhaps nerve pain because I have had a back lower back for the last 15 years but it has not been hurting lately.  

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Be carefull if your doctor put If you in antibiotics. If there is a bacteria in your prostate, the first one must be a final and definitive treatment (at least 30 days on cipro) If the initial treatment is not enough, there is a chance you develop chronic bacterial prostatitis.
    • Posted

Good luck trying to find a doc that will chase down what type of bacteria is causing your problem.  Most of them just prescribe some doxie or cipro and hope for the best. 
  • Posted

Another consideration could be - are you taking statins or have you been checked out for hernias?

• Posted

Good morning John.  Just checking on you this morning.  How did your night go.  How are you doing this morning.  I hope better.  I will check later with you.  Ken
    • Posted

Thank you for checking in.  This morning my pain is mild but I know it will increase throughout the day like it has for the last 5 days.  I will call my GP doctor and try to get an appointment.  
    • Posted

It seam like more of a back problem.  Your ok at night while your laying down but during the day of sitting and moving around it get worse.  You have no problem going to the bathroom and you said you ejaculation don't hurt.  It could be a nerve in the back .  There are nerve and muscles all conected in the lower area.  Best thing is to have it check.  Please try to realx and don't pick up anything to heavy.......Ken

• Posted

Thank you.  I have not and will not be picking up anything heavy.  I will be seeing my doctor on Monday to check things out.  Still no issues going to the bathroom.  I have an inversion table at home and I will try it over the weekend to see if helps this pain.  It has helped my lower back pain before.  
  • Posted

I was able to get an appointment on Monday with my general physician.  It is almost afternoon and my pain I would say right now is about a 3-4.  I have been taking Advil.  Is there anything you would recommend for me to ask the doctor when I visit him? 
    • Posted

Best thing is to tell him everything and also tell him you have no problem with going to the bathroom.  They may want to do a x-ray of you back.  Hope thing work out ok for you  Ken
  • Posted

Just peed. Stream is not as open and have slight burning. The pain continues. It most likely is my prostate. Im feeling devestated and scared.
    • Posted

John if your not drinking enough it going to hurt but tell your doctor.  If you get a chance get some cranberry Juice that may help some.  Remember you did not have a problem till today Tell him everything on Monday  Ken
    • Posted

Don't get down John. You catching the problem early. I ignored my symtoms until they wouldn't let me ignore them. Not a smart move. Go to the doc tell him everything, get the tests down that doc recommends. 

• Posted

Thank you all for the support.  The weekend went well although I was laying down most of the time.  There was not much pain.  This morning there isn't any pain at all and I am urinating fine.  My doctor's appointment is late afternoon.  I will be sitting down most of the day and I have a feeling that the pain will return.  

• Posted

Hello john2001a.

Stress and anxiety is another factor that can induce a problem with levator ani muscle. When you are lying down, the muscle is inactive

When you wake up you're fine and then perhaps after some time you start to strain...

Are you an anxious type of person?

• Posted

I am a very anxious person.  It is often difficult for me to calm down and I have been off of anti-anxiety meds for about 6 months.  Would that muscle also cause burning and a slowing down of the stream?  Friday I was also feeling like I was sitting on a ball.
    • Posted

I am too an anxious person. I am afraid a lot of people in this forum are.

But I dont think only tense mucles are the cause for urinary problems. I am not a doctor but I have learned some things because i have the problem some time ago. I am in postoperatory of BPH and my pelvic pain has not resolved.

Perhaps you are lucky and you are in initial phase. If you don't have BPH I think you could have some type of cystitis. Talk with your doctor.

Drink water 2l/day. Do not delay urination. Be aware of the tension in your pelvic floor and relax. Don't sit if you can. I think my problem also started with the chairs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.