Prostate problems for 6 months, depressed what should i do?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello. I am 22.I've had some sort of big trouble in my prostate for 6 months now. It all started back in September 2015 when i must have gotten gastroenteritis somehow and i started feeling some retention when peeing and i was worried i might get a uti or sth. Gastroenteritis went away after a few days and i was feeling fine with urination, erection etc. In mid-november i started getting serious prostate and urination iritation, bladder pressure and then i thought i must have had a uti. I didnt wake up in the middle of the night to pee as i am seeing in posts but i still had trouble urinating and feeling i emptied completely. I did 10 days of vibramycin with no effect. A month later i went to my doctor and after examinations etc we found i had chlamydia,ureaplasma,enterococus and e.coli.  I did 7 days of ciproxin and started feeling a little better, did an ultrasound for low in the belly and they said prostate was in normal size. Few days later,i discovered cipro caused me increased heart rate to a point i was worried i might get a heart attack or sth.

I stopped ciproxin and left my hometown for work somewhere else where i thought of finding another doctor to continue and complete my recovery. The other doctor gave me 2 weeks of zinadol and after i finished all that i went to test how i was. At that point i was still feeling terrible while masturbating and ejaculating, and serious pressure in the bladder not just then but generally. I did the tests and they came back all clean. Showed them to my doctor and told him that i was still feeling terrible and he told me to learn to live with it. Hearing that, i was devastated because its not just a small irritation ,it's truly crippling my sex life and my general life. I can't even get a full erection. Something must still be wrong. I called my previous doctor from my hometown and he told me to try cipro 500mg again believing we might get it this time. I started it and 5-6 days into it i started feeling allright (urine flow improved quite a bit) but on day 7- 11 i started feeling a little suspect again. I thought i should masturbate to flush out infected matter and to see how well i am right now. I immediately started feeling terrible again but still ejaculated with a lot of pain and almost feeling or urination at the same time. I was really scared and regreted it. The next day i was feeling allright again for some reason and masturbated(really dumb i know). It all started pretty good this time, pretty close to normal but by the end i was feeling bladder pressure and disfunction again. That was last thursday 21/04/2016. Ever since i ejaculated then(again almost feeling of urination alltogether) i am feeling my prostate inflamed and irritated. I am always drinking water and going to the bathroom regularly (not very often and not at nights as i am reading in other posts), but i am feeling a retention of urine and struggling to pee to the last drop(something i havent felt in months) as well as sexual disfunction. I cant get an erection without feeling pressure against my bladder almost instantly. I've cut down on masturbating this past 3 weeks and i am currently on my fourth box of cipro, 15 days of taking this medicine. But still no difference. I am really depressed about this matter and it has exhausted me emotionally. I;ve avoided girls altogether because of this.  My doctor told me to finish this fourth box of cipro and then cut it and talk to another doctor. But what after that? I m still feeling terrible. he told me about saw palmeto, but its like an aspirin, it goes away. Then i started reading about changes in eating (eliminating gluten) and that really messed me up. And if i go to another doctor im pretty sure there wont be a difference because i;ve been to 2 this past 3 months and my problem is still there.

Please help and advice anyone, and sorry for the long post. Thank you.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Correction - it's the bug that gets resistant to the antibiotic, not the other way round! Sorry!
  • Posted

Absolutely see a board  certified Urologist.  If no results look for the closest medical center such as Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Duke Medical center, etc. sounds like missed diagnoses, or mismanagement. Hang in there. Someone can help you!
  • Posted

Ok I am much older  than you , and I had the mirror image of your problem. At about 62 1/2 I was ok, and than I noticed I started feeling pain under my scrotum, and my urination slowed down and I had to keep on pushing with my fingers underneath my scrotum to get the urine to come out.  Urologist gave me all different antibiotics, nothing helped. Ultrasound and MRI said swollen prostate blocking bladder with urinary retention of 500ml of urine, recommended burning out the prostate with a laser device to destroy the prostate tissue that is blocking bladder. If I masturbate or ejaculate I feel pain for 3 days. I can not get regular erections. Nothing. So far I have not done anything, If I exercise, like weight lifting my prostate gets very inflammed or if I eat spicy foods with CAYENNE PEPPER OR OTHER PEPPERS.  I was ok, than I got this; the symptoms appeared overnight, and he tells me it is from age. Not sure. I am in misery 30% of the time and also my penis feels completely numb. I went vegetarian for a while, it did not help. I tried to eat ginger raw, an anti inflammatory and it helps a little. I have never eat meat in decades; so they tell you not to eat meat; it my case its irrelevant. I try eating boiled onions,celery,carrots, It helps a little. Do not know the answer.
  • Posted

I had a doctor who told me that I must drink enough water but I must be carefull not to totally going overboard. Dont drink more than 2 litres of liquid in a day because then you also damadge your prostate by urinating to much. Its anyway not good to drink too much water. Keep a good balance and drink water when you are thirsty
  • Posted

I've been suffering prostate trouble since age 19. I am now 31. You are not alone. I sympathize with you about avoiding girls. I have come to absolutely despise the notion of confidence, because of how crippling this condition has been to mine. Everyone has problems, I know. It's hard to think with a tooth-ache. It's hard to approach women with an ache in your crotch. I've tried on and off over the years to treat this condition with diet, cleansing, supplements, massage etc. Nothing has helped to any notable degree. I am now focusing on getting myself back to a urologist for the 1st time in 12 years to pursue my case for a PAE. Just wanted to share with you I know what it's like to be a younger man with this bs, I hope you find an answer soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.