Prostatis

Posted , 13 users are following.

My Prostate is always swollen, it feels that way all the time. And the physician documented it with MRI and Ultrasound. I also have urinary retention. It appears the swelling is effecting my ability to become aroused. I can not get an erection. I have had 2 biopsies. They want to do greenlight. But I want to know, why is it always inflammed. How can the inflammation be stopped. Any theories?

1 like, 35 replies

Report / Delete

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

They should be able to give you some meds to stop that.  A friend of mine has prostatis and he has had it for many years  He is only 32  He takes his pills and watches what he eats.  And he is doing find.  Don't be taked into have any surgery done if you can take a pill for it.  Your prostate has a infection..Take with your doctor if he does not what to give you any meds go see another urologist  Ken

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You may want a second opinion. If you have enlargement, you could get pae instead of green light and this is less risky. I had mine done 6 months again by dr Sandeep Bagla at vascular institute of Virginia. Travelled all the way there for similar problem and have done great since. Good luck and keep us posted
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My original uro didn't prescribe flomax or finasteride. He just scheduled me for TURP. Luckily work got in the way of surgery. After some research I went another uro and requested flomax and finasteride. I do well on these drugs but want the problem gone so I'm scheduling HOLEP in January.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

May have to try it, it is really uncomfortable. First I wake up alot to go to the bathroom at night to urinate and my sleep is not restful, and I can not get a good nights sleep.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

PAE?....What's the limit in prostate size plus reasons Dr. Baglia or another Interventionist Radiologist would feel a particular patient was a good candidate for a PAE?....

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

From what I know, there is no upper or lower limit. He had told me during the consult he has done prostates as large as 550 grams. Just give him a call or email and he can discuss your case
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Mark  Yes it does.  Any procedure that cuts away at the prostate will case retro.  They damadge the veins the bladder neck   and the seminal vessels And other things.  So your schweed,  Have a good day  Ken
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up