Prostatis non bacterial driving me nuts

Posted , 13 users are following.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

I'm a 52 year old guy, in good shape. In May I had a UTI though nothing showed on the urinalysis. Doctor put me on Cipro for 2 weeks. It improved but since I've had a burning in my urethra. I do pee more often but not all the time. The burning os worse when I sit, walking I dont notice it as much.

I had another urinalysis in June negative, all was good. Tested for STDs all negative. My Doctor thought it was anxiety. I've been doing pelvic floor stretches 2x per day plus easy Yoga. It has not gotten worse but some days it's bad. I do mountain bike 2x per week on 11 mile rides, that could be contributing. I ride an exercise bike at the gun 2x per week for 7 miles and then an elliptical for 10-15 minutes.

The burning is very disconcerting. I have hemorrhoids too which appear at times. Hot baths and showers help, ice helps. I started taking Prostate Pro supplement but not long enough to know if it will help.

Not sure what to do, my Doctor thinks it could be anxiety w pelvic floor disorder.

Any suggestions? Sorry for the long message.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Scott,

That's alot of time your on a bicycle seat each  week.  Maybe you should try reducing or stopping the bicycle for a week or two to see if the burning stops.

Regards,

Thomas

• Posted

Thanks Thomas I agree.  The biking tends to be a lot of climbing, in the heat.  I also wonder if the biking is just discounting the pelvin floor exercises too.

I really appreciate the message, thank you so much.

• Posted

Great information thank you! I'm learning how to deal with stress, meditation has helped. Going to look at reflexology.

• Posted

scott04743, is the doctor you're seeing for this problem a Urologist? If not, maybe you should consider seeing one.

• Posted

Hi Gary,

Its my GP not a Urologist.  She said since the tests were all negative and my symptoms are mild to medium, she wants to wait and see if this works out.  She really believes anxiety is a big part of this, and truthfully my anxiety from it and recently is very high,  

Thanks so much.

• Posted

If she believes that why give you a dangerous drug like Cipro ? 
  • Posted

Scott, I agree with Thomas. That's a lot of bicycling! I would stop completely for two weeks and see what happens. Good luck,

Fred

• Posted

Yep, I'm going to stop.  I enjoy biking but if its helping to cause this then I need to know.  I appreciate the suggestion, and the support.

Thank you.

• Posted

I also suffer the same and also every test I’ve had is perfectly normal I’m waiting on my appointment with a urologist I find sometimes when I drink beer or alcohol it becomes really bad not while peeing but afterwards and before.... then the pain gets so bad I have to pee every 2 minutes to try and relieve the pain it’s horrible 
    • Posted

I'm sorry Carl, please let me know how you r doing. I dont drink much but agree when i do it gets bad.

• Posted

Scott is your urine always quite strong ? Mine seems to always be strong 
    • Posted

What do you mean by strong? If you mean flow it's ok not strong but not weak.

I made an appointment at a pelvic care facility because I believe I have pelvic floor problems. I will let you know how that goes, for now fortunately my stuff is manageable. Ice helps a lot, heat too.

• Posted

Sorry I meant strong as in yellow sort of feels concentrated if I drink a lot of fluid it is a lot better but then I need to pee a lot 
    • Posted

No. When I dont drink enough water its yellow. It's a normal color most of the time. I need to drink more water for sure.

My main symptom is a burning feeling at the tip or underside of the penis head. I can peer often but I dont have difficult urges. Peeing can help but for me its sitting that is tough.

I'll let you know what the pelvic pain clinic says in a few weeks. Till then I just deal w it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.