Prostatitis?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 19 year old Male who has been the unfortunate sufferer of many various pains/awful sensations in the areas down below. I am going to list all of my symptoms & how long I have had them/when they occur. I am going to lose my mind with this pain and extremely uncomforable sensations I have been living with (for years!) I am visiting the pain clinic at my local hospital in a couple months & thought I'd post of some forums before hand, does this remotelty sound like Prostatitis to you? Do you/Have you suffered from these smptoms, please help!

Symptoms I have:

(My Penis ALWAYS FEELS WET AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE - No discharge, just a bit moist - This was my first ever symptom - I've had it for 5 years now)

Anus Pain (First happened 3 years ago) - Happens Every Day of my life.

Thigh Pain (First Happened 1 year ago) - Happens Every Day of my life.

Testicular Ache (First Happeend 3 years ago) - Happens occasioanlly when I stay in bed for too long

Sore/Stingy/Hot/Burning anus feeling (First Happened 3 years ago) Happens Every Day of my Life.

Tingly Testicles - (Used to happen occasionally) - It now also, along with my other symptoms happens every day

Presure feeling in anus - Only started happening this year I'd say.

All of the symptoms above I have had for a year or more, they are chronic & there is NOT ONE DAY that I have not had Anus Pain, Thigh Pain, Testical Tingling, Presure feeling in anus, Sore/Uncomfortable Anus, WET FEELING IN TIP OF PENIS. All of the symptoms just noted I can currently feel as I sit awkwardly on this chair to relief some pain. The most apparent symptoms is the constant wet sensation in my penis, the thigh pain (only occurs down right side) and the groggy feeling in anus/pain/pressure.

I have seen a doctor about this and he reckons that it could be nerve pain. I took amitriptyline for a month straight and the pain/sensations were not affected in the slightest. General painkillers such as Parecetomol, Asprin, Ibuprohen do not have any effect on my pain, I have also tried Naproxin which does sod all.

Does this sound like Prostatitis to anyone? Every symptom I noted is what I have. I have not missed any symptoms.

PLEASE ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU'D LIKE! I'M ACTIVE AND WILL REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!

Thanks in advance,

Jack

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, it sounds like prostatitis. But this is just a public web site. And I'm not a doc...I just know prostatitis, having had the same symptoms for years off and on.

But here may be your causitive problem (though docs don't typically want to talk about it) :

More orgasms than you can handle.

Yup.

Orgasm in "moderation" is fine. But multiple orgasms, say, day after day -- and you playing with fire, so to speak. Think of it as exhausting a muscle over and over and over again. At your age...very tempting, yes?

Try cutting back. Impossible as it may seem at your age. And take anti-inflammatory med -- ibuprofin -- as you do.

Good luck.

• Posted

Of course, you didn't mention if you have seen a doc. That is step #1 if you haven't. You describe what may be a discharge (moistness). Obviously need to be checked out for a multiplicity of possible causes.

But I'd start with the method described above. Try giving it a rest for a week, with anti-inflammatory med -- and see how you feel. (And if NO orgasm activity at the other extreme...then that can be problematic too. The prostate craves "normalcy". Not too hot, not to cold. And why oh why are docs embarrassed to go there???

• Posted

One more:

Sorry, I just now noticed you have seen a doc already. I think a urologist is your next stop -- and possible series of antibiotic med like cipro or sulfameth. They can put out the fire within a day, but you must determine the ultimate aggravating factor.

• Posted

Ditto what Donald said. Please look at the fluoroquinolone antibiotic discussions on this forum to see what we mean.

The pain is most likely to be caused by stress and anxiety - which is self perpetuating. Doctors are very happy to prescribe a long course of Cipro 'just in case' and the lives of many young men have been ruined by this drug. Tocap it all, many are left disabled and in constant pain - including from their groins where it all started!

Check out Pelvic Pain Clinic or pelvic Pain exercises for ideas on how to sort this without drugs. Get a doc's opinion if you think your prostate is in trouble but NEVER let them prescibe you Cipro or another fluoroquinolone.

A 2012 meta-analysis study found that antibiotics were no better than placebo for pelvic pain syndrome - tell your doctor that!

• Posted

HI jack,

Ive answered from my own experience next to your questions below. important to remember that we are all different and prostatitus has a myriad of symptoms . Have you had your prostrate checked ? , often it will be tender to touch if you have prostatitus ( but not always)

you need to be reffered to an expert either in urology or nerve issues .

No urination problems ?

Regards

Darren

My Penis ALWAYS FEELS WET AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE - No discharge, just a bit moist - This was my first ever symptom - I've had it for 5 years now) ive not had this symptom , but a sore tip yes .

Anus Pain (First happened 3 years ago) - Happens Every Day of my life. Yes

Thigh Pain (First Happened 1 year ago) - Happens Every Day of my life. Yes

Testicular Ache (First Happeend 3 years ago) - Happens occasioanlly when I stay in bed for too long. Definately

Sore/Stingy/Hot/Burning anus feeling (First Happened 3 years ago) Happens Every Day of my Life. Not really , sore yes but not hot

Tingly Testicles - (Used to happen occasionally) - It now also, along with my other symptoms happens every day No

Presure feeling in anus - Only started happening this year I'd say. 100 % yes its the prostate throbbing

• Edited

Hello Jack:

I had a urologist tell me once that a man can definately get prostatitis from oral sex. Just something to think about.

Hope things get better for your.

• Posted

Sure that wasn't anal sex? That's where the bacteria is. Oral sex would seem rather challenging to foster any infectious ailment. And oral sex is somewhat universal and generally not noted in the context of prostatitis. (But then again, most sexual activity is conveniently bypassed in prostatitiis discussions with docs. Unfortunately.)

And all together now: It's PROSTATE, not "prostrate' -- although prostrate is what you may feel like being after a bout of prostatitis.

• Posted

A google search shows that oral sex can lead to prostatitis as can anal sex.

• Posted

Then again --

From a NYC urology practice web site:

"Despite the fact that many bacteria live in the mouth, severe infections after oral sex are fairly uncommon. In general oral sex is considered to be fairly safe, in general at least as safe as vaginal sex."​

So -- might it come down to ALL sex is risky...but we hedge our bets?

(Anal sex, to my understanding as an older guy, is the major league risky behavior vis-a-vis prostatitis.)

• Posted

Thanks for that note, Owen. Can you provide a reference to the urology website. Trust me, I would prefer it not be the case 😃.

• Posted

No need to respond, Owen. I found the website. However, the author says:

"More than 500 species of bacteria can be found in a human mouth. Close to 100 species can be identified in each individual. Because of differences in anatomy and tissues, antibiotics used by dentists for treatment of oral infections may not be effective when these bacteria infect the urinary tract (urethra, bladder, prostate, and epididymis)

Based on DNA studies, more than half of the bacterial species found in the mouth are not yet identified or commonly grown when the tissue (urine, saliva) is cultured in a lab.It is not surprising then that urine culture may not grow anything even when there is a severe infection.

In addition to typical antimicrobial antibiotics, broad-spectrum antibiotics with coverage for oral bacteria which often include anaerobic organisms should be used."

That last sentence strongly indicates that a fluorquinolone like Cipro would need to be used. I hate that antibiotic.

• Posted

Finnish scientists conducted inspections and determined that ciprofloxacin is very harmful to the human body. This antibiotic destroys the DNA of the cells of our body. It violates the energy metabolism in the mitochondria and inhibits the growth of cells. All this adversely affects the health of patients. According to scientists, ciprofloxacin is more crippling than treats, but the most effective drug for the destruction of the infections has not yet been invented.

This antibiotic is dangerous due to presence of fluoroquinolones. These substances when abused can cause inflammation and degeneration of tendons. In extreme cases the connective tissue may simply tear. Researchers are advised to enlist the help of ciprofloxacin only in extreme cases when without it it is not possible.

If you Google European Medicines Agency you will find their recent initial report on Cipro and Fliuroquinolones prescribing limitations..

• Posted

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I guess my thought from that quote was that everything in this life has risk - but some risks for some folks, often most folks, are worth taking? The two aforementioned amorous activities two good examples. Like crossing the street -- versus thrill jumping off cliffs. Maybe.

And who ever thought the bodily apparatus could be so difficult.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.