Prostatitis?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm a 19 year old Male who has been the unfortunate sufferer of many various pains/awful sensations in the areas down below. I am going to list all of my symptoms & how long I have had them/when they occur. I am going to lose my mind with this pain and extremely uncomforable sensations I have been living with (for years!) I am visiting the pain clinic at my local hospital in a couple months & thought I'd post of some forums before hand, does this remotelty sound like Prostatitis to you? Do you/Have you suffered from these smptoms, please help!

Symptoms I have:

(My Penis ALWAYS FEELS WET AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE - No discharge, just a bit moist - This was my first ever symptom - I've had it for 5 years now)

Anus Pain (First happened 3 years ago) - Happens Every Day of my life.

Thigh Pain (First Happened 1 year ago) - Happens Every Day of my life.

Testicular Ache (First Happeend 3 years ago) - Happens occasioanlly when I stay in bed for too long

Sore/Stingy/Hot/Burning anus feeling (First Happened 3 years ago) Happens Every Day of my Life.

Tingly Testicles - (Used to happen occasionally) - It now also, along with my other symptoms happens every day

Presure feeling in anus - Only started happening this year I'd say.

All of the symptoms above I have had for a year or more, they are chronic & there is NOT ONE DAY that I have not had Anus Pain, Thigh Pain, Testical Tingling, Presure feeling in anus, Sore/Uncomfortable Anus, WET FEELING IN TIP OF PENIS. All of the symptoms just noted I can currently feel as I sit awkwardly on this chair to relief some pain. The most apparent symptoms is the constant wet sensation in my penis, the thigh pain (only occurs down right side) and the groggy feeling in anus/pain/pressure.

I have seen a doctor about this and he reckons that it could be nerve pain. I took amitriptyline for a month straight and the pain/sensations were not affected in the slightest. General painkillers such as Parecetomol, Asprin, Ibuprohen do not have any effect on my pain, I have also tried Naproxin which does sod all.

Does this sound like Prostatitis to anyone? Every symptom I noted is what I have. I have not missed any symptoms.

PLEASE ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU'D LIKE! I'M ACTIVE AND WILL REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!

Thanks in advance,

Jack

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jack,

I had a case of chronic prostatitis in my 20s. It was very confusing and embarrassing for me as it sounds like it is for you. My main symptom was a deep ache after sex that would start about 10 minutes afterwards, crescendo in about 30 minutes then fade away. The discomfort was very similar to what you describe involving my anus and loins as well. It totally freaked me out and this went on for years as I was shy and being young I was unfamiliar with being ill. Long story short, my smart girlfriend told me to go see a doc about it.

The doc did a digital exam and one swipe across the gland produced my exact symptoms! I was lucky that a course of oral antibiotics “cured” me. At least that was what I believed at the time. The deep pains after sex went away and I gladly put the issue behind me.

Then 20 years later my PSA began to elevate. My PSA did a slow, linear climb and it is now at over 12! I also gradually struggled with BPH over those 20 years. My urologists were convinced that I had prostate cancer and forced me to undergo 3 needle biopsies, 2 cystoscopies and an MRI before they finally shrugged their shoulders, gave up and allowed me to get surgery to help my decreased flow! I have a very large gland but I found an urologist who was willing to do an Urolift. I am still in recovery (3.5 weeks post) and doing well.

My point is I believe all my problems began with that initial prostate infection that I ignored for several years. If I was more proactive I would have demanded more testing to determine the exact infective agent including an ejaculate culture. Complete eradication of the infection is critical as the prostate will harbor the bugs for decades and generate inflammation and gland enlargement producing PSA elevation.

My suggestion to you is to get examined by an urologist who believes in CHRONIC prostatitis. You will need to ask pointed questions before you go in because lots of docs don’t believe the CHRONIC form exists and may downplay it. I would also suggest that you have your semen cultured because infections hide deep in the gland.

Good luck and read up on chronic prostatitis so you are an informed patient.

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.