Prostatitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been dealing with prostatitis for 25 years i was originally told 25 years ago after an STD when I WAS STILL HAVING some DISCOMFORT that there was no inffection and some men just have pain in there pelvis. I went on with my life. Then about 8 years ago I given a long course of antibiotic for another illness and suddenly all the pain was gone. IN THE PAST 10 years I have been on and off antibiotics which has been doing ok when i have been having a flare up. THen comes last year and everything changed I was diagnosed with peyronies and at the same time was having a prostatitis flare up. i have been in pain since and am having trouble doing almost anything. HAS ANYONE had a similair situatuion.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have also been dealing with prostatitis for around 25 years and it has been gradually getting worse with time. Mine never went away with any amount of antibiotics. Various treatments have helped a little bit over the years such as sitz baths, pelvic floor therapy, quercetin, saw palmetto, avoiding high oxalate foods (I highly recommend looking into this).

My symptoms would always be there but there would be periodic flareups that usually resulted in peeing blood. Since I went to a low oxalate diet, I stopped having bloody flareups and the frequency of flareups diminished. There is a theory that even if you don't have obvious kidneys stones, oxalates could cause micro crystals in some people that could irritate the inner lining of your urinary tract.

Recently I started taking flomax which despite the horrible side effects has also helped quite a bit with the pain and frequency, probably more than anything else I tried.

I also have a slightly enlarged prostate.

Good luck.

• Posted

What antibiotics were you given? You say you're having trouble doing anything and have been in pain since last year. Were you given antibiotics last year? Do you remember what it was called?

• Posted

Antibiotics can help but not for the reasons people think. Google "antibiotics are anti-inflammatory agents prostatitis" (with the quotes). Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.