Prostrate enlargement

Posted , 14 users are following.

I  have been prescribed Dutastearide Capsule ( also known as Dutas-- 0.5 mg), for  reducing the size of  my Prostrate . i am not  keen on  undergoing Surgery in a hurry . 

Wish to  learn  -- whether  Dutastearide  causes/ has caused  any side -effects pls ?

Your response would be helpful pls . thks

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It probably will help with your prostate and increase urine flow, but it may interfere with the strength of erections. I think you might get retrograde ejaculation, but it is not permanent.
    • Posted

Good evening Mark  I look it up  It does not cause retro but it does cause the seman to have less amount  and it will mess up your sex drive  Ken
    • Posted

Mark it not being careless but now you have to look and ask question before you do or take anything.  I think it is the way we were rise.  Years ago men did not talk about there male problem.  I don't think my father know what a prostate was.  We today have the computer and these site to talk thing over and get the information.  Take carre buddy.  If you need to talk just PM me anytime.  Ken  

• Posted

It can cause diminished sex drive and even impotence - and somethimes it doesn't reverse after you stop taking it. The risk of permanent sexual side effects are probably as great as with the less invasive procedures and those side effects (impotence) can be worse than the ones from those (Retro Ejacualtion).

• Posted

If you ARE going to take it, keep in mind that it may take two months of consumption before it becomes effective.  This drug works for me.
    • Posted

Dear  Alan ,  As  mentioned by you  -- it is encouraging  in case  Dutasteride has worked for You ,,

However  Any Side Effects  experienced  pls .? On the Net  it mentions that dutasteride can cause Cancer .

Just for reference ; I am   about  62 years  ,  PSA  test results ; 1.06 (total),

Uroflowmetry  Test Results :  Average Flow Rate  ; 4.5 ml/sec;            Max Flow Rate : 11.9 ml/sec  ,

I  wake up 2-3 times in the night to  pee ,  , 

• Posted

The alternative explanation that is behind unc's statement is that the increased incidence of PCa is possibly due to it being easier to diagnose as the prostate is smaller, and not a result of the medication causing PCa.

• Posted

I'll look up the study when I get home. Typing on my phone with big fingers is a PITA

• Posted

for me, it took a year of finasteride to get off flomax.
    • Posted

Good to know that  after  an Year of  taking Finasteride ,, You are off Flomax,  Qs : Have you experienced  any Side effects ,, initially or Subsequently  pls ?

Learning from  your First-hand Experience  would be certainly  useful to the Members pls ?  

• Posted

It was a nasty pill and it didn't help me.  It caused respiratory problems, I had some sort of hives reaction and I now have twice as much hair all over than I had before.

It didn't work for me.  You may want to try the alpha-blocker Alfuzosin - which has one of the better side effect profiles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.