Proud right about now it's a start

Posted , 6 users are following.

Some of you have probably seen my posts I suffer with severe anxiety and panick attacks and agrophobia I don't go out my house well Saturday I went out to my sister in laws I written a post on here saying I wasn't sure I could do it but I did and I lasted all day there then second I went out last night the first time in about 3 months I'm not going to lie I did feel anxious but I ignored it I wasn't going to let it win I'm so proud of myself at this moment in time might sound silly I kno but to me it's not as I haven't been out for 3 months I kno I will have days where I have knock backs but I need to learn to pick myself up and do it again smile hopefully fingers crossed his is the road to getting better I hope,,,sorry for posting this I just want to tell people you can do if I can you can!!!!!!

4 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

😊😊😊 well done, baby steps and you will get there! I was the same but it does get better when you accept the anxiety and tell it to do one!!!!

• Posted

Thankyou smile was you agrophobia aswell have you overcome it?? Baby steps all the way Susan smile

• Posted

I was aggrophobic when I had anxiety, didn't want to do anything, go anywhere or see anyone but as my anxiety went with the depression I gradually started doing stuff and now I'm back to work, only part time but I'm loads happier! You WILL get there, good luck and take care

• Posted

Thankyou Susan did you take medication to overcome it?? I haven't took any which I'm really shocked about as I have still manages to go out without it which I think is good

• Posted

Yes I'm currently on escitalopram as I was getting loads of physical symptoms that just wouldn't go away!!if it keeps me well I don't care but you should be really proud overcoming this by yourself!

• Posted

It is getting better. Do not question this..its getting better. Good job! Go and start living again.
  • Posted

Well done Kirsty, I am so pleased for you! And don't be sorry for posting either, you have every right to feel proud and it gives hope to others too xx

• Posted

How you doing today hunni? Have you got anything planned for this weekend? xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.