Prozac

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi been on Prozac for 9 weeks some improvement but still having awfull anxiety in the mornings does anyone else have this ?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

When you say awful anxiety can you explain , is it fear ?? Or panic , what dose of Prozac are you taking daily? , sorry if I sound nosey but I have just started Prozac 20 mg and my Gp told me to increase it after a week or two and take 40 mg as it can take a while to feel better regards Catherine
    • Posted

I wake up early bout 4.30am suddenly and then can't go back to sleep, anxiety builds till I don't know what to do with myself, as the day goes on there is background anxiety still but by 4ish I seem to be ok, it's driving me nuts xxx oh and I'm on 20mg

• Posted

Omg Hillary,

Thats me to a "T".  But It's usually around 5-6pm that I start feeling better.

Im on 20mg also. How far along are you?

• Posted

I know but people on this site say it's pretty normal. It's just so frustrating and debilitating. I took 1mg of clonazepam this morning because I had to go out and I couldn't go the way I was feeling.

I try to tuff my way through it as much as I can,but sometimes my mind and body just need a rest.

• Posted

I have no idea why I've got this either 😰

• Posted

Seeing as I see some small improvements I will try up to 12 weeks. See where I am then.

None of us chose getting sick this way. Sometimes our brains just need extra help staying balanced.

• Posted

Hi I have learned through previous anxiety attacks and reading self help book to let that anxiety wash over me don't think to yourself "oh my goodness " because that only releases more adrenaline and adds more anxiety , let the feeling wash over you it's not going to harm you , you are not going mental !!! It's a physical feeling relax into the mattress let all your body just sink into it and let time pass , take a couple of paracetamol tablets if you have a headache and try and remember it's going to get better , ask your GP if 40 mg will help you if you cannot relax. Although I have had severe stress in my job for two years I never thought I would end up back and worse than I was a few years back , along with fluoxetine this can work believe me , regards Catherinev

• Posted

Hi Hillary,

I have been on Prozac just over 3 weeks with horrible anxiety, nausea and the shakes every morning. I'm quite a ways behind you so I'm no real help.

But I wish you all the best and for some more healing to come your way.

Have you talked to your doctor about it at all?

• Posted

Yes, said to give it 6 weeks but I keep reading people saying 12 weeks xx
  • Posted

Hi Hilary I no exactly what you are going through I'm on week 7 my days started getting better and better but past 4 nights I have bin waking up at 4-5am with severe anxiety with gushes of dizziness and fearing my heart is stopping I've bin taking 2.5ml of fluoxetine which is such a low dose but I'm going up to 5ml tomorrow as I can't handle it anymore I've felt so anxious all day I woke up 3 times last night fearing of dying I don't even no what's causing it it's awful then makes me have such a bad day hope you get better soon does get better but also depends on what kind of anxiety you are suffering with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.