Prozac and side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve been on Prozac for almost 4 weeks now. I was feeling ok , didn’t really notice the medicine working to much . Two weeks ago they upped my dosage from 10mg to 20. Now since yesterday I have horrible anxiety I keep crying I have so much fear . I don’t feel like myself  and I wake up panicking . I feel so anxious and constantly worried I’m not alright . I’m so scared , can someone please tell me that this is normal and I’m not losing my mind completely . Please ease my mind 😔

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paula , I've been on 20mg for 3 weeks . Although I've not experienced as much anxiety, last night was horrendous, racing heart causing me to become more anxious. So no sleep. Advice on this forum does say they take time to get into your system and again when you up the dose . I'm back to see the Dr tomorrow, and i think he may up my dose. Not sure how i feel about this. But i do think what your experiencing is what many do on this med . Hope it gets better for you soon, and the side effects ease. Take care Xx

• Posted

Hiya y did you go higher on Prozac if you found 10mg working for you?? As maybe that’s the right amount for you..

I’m on 60mg now and it’s been 7 months since I first started on 20 mg x

• Posted

100% normal. At least that’s me and how I was/am. It’s so hard. I don’t know weather to stay on it or change but these meds take forever to work and i don’t want to change only to have same result over and over again. Anyway I’m just writing back to tell you I’m in same boat same symptoms same everything 
    • Posted

Hi Tina , I'm the same don't want to change meds . Was on sertraline and had a really bad reaction to them . Have felt better on fluoxetine till now, just hoping it was a blip. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.