Prozac day 11

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

As the title says I've been on it for 11 days, I don't think I have had side effects, but I have had minor headaches today, other than that I don't feel much different.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

Still very early days for u to see any change sorry to say, but I know how it is each day u wait for that kick in from the drug, tuk me 5 weeks to start and see a small improvement, one day was good and others was bad, I went to see the doctor for check on how the meds were going, and he ask me if I wanted to try 40mg, I was scared as was told wen u go up a dose the side effects all come back, like u other then the headach I was ok with little side effects, so I have gone to 40 and two weeks down the line I'm much better my moods are fine now, every day is a good day fingers crossed lol....

Stick it out, u will get there, in the end, and try not be afraid if your doc puts up your meds, take it in your stride, what works for one, doesn't work for another, we are all different, just take each day as it comes, my doc did say I'd have bad days before it got better, and u no what he was right, I'm glad I'm on this drug now, as works great for me, and I have tried a few other drugs as well but this seems to work if u stick it out, my mind is at ease now, so I do hope it works for you, you have to make your own mind up, what you do, as some people say get of this drug as bad for you, but u have to make up your mind with that, all I can say is it works for me, and I won't come of it, no mater how many articles I read that say it's no good for you, when Iv given this med a try, and if it does work for you, then you can decide how long u want to stay with it.... WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT...

good luk to you, I hope soon u will feel good take care 😀X  

• Posted

Takes a few weeks for some. Months for me. Currently tapering off. 3-5% every 2-4+ weeks. If you decide it doesn't work, remember to slowly taper to help in withdrawals. Also Facebook ( Prozac should be illegal) is an excellent source of information on those who have or are currently.

• Posted

If this drug works then it's a life saver for people with depression, I'm on a lot of different tablets due to my ill health, and I'm sure as I know they should have a warning on them, as each tablets people take can causes some kind of problems, I do not do face book as all that place course troulble, if there's some thing on there about this drug then no mater what it says ( Iv heard horror stories plenty ) I won't come of this med as Iv Finley found a med that's as wiped out my depresssion, like I always say what works for one won't always work for another, 

• Posted

Good for you. If your happy than that's what matters most.

After being on SSRI's for 25 year's, 3 different one's, I wish I knew then what I know now. I would have never taken SSRI's and would have done alternative ways.

• Posted

Hi

I am not planning on staying this for as long as you have, I just need to get rid of my stress and anxiety to go back to work. I will only stay on this for 6 months maximum, so short term this should not too much damage. I would expect if you are on then 25 it is not exactly healthy. Also I am only taking 10mg, and I did feel spaced out yesterday a lot and my headache got worse.

• Posted

Iv been on 4 different antidepressants in 20 years, first was trazadone for 12 years which was great but stopped working for me, and now fluoxetine which is my fourth different meds which at the moment are working, 

Iv tried talking therapy which after 5 different people did not work at all for me, all that did was make me depressed even more so I won't do that again, and Iv tried herbel tablets, they only helped a little not enough to help me... so Iv feel Iv been through the mill with what I can do, I have given my self a rest from these kind of meds but just hit rock bottom again, so I need some thing to give me the will to carry on, even if it's by the form of tablets, no one likes havin to take tablets every day, but if they work and give u some life back then can't be all that bad, life's to short to be spending it depressed and no will to do any thing in life, I wish I was not depressed... but I am... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.