Prozac/ fluxo success stories ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm day 7 of taking these. 

I was on cit but it wasn't for me. Side effects were awful. 

SUCCESSFUL & POSITIVE   stories only please to help lift my mood. It would be so appreciated. 

I feel very low today and tired would love to be cheered up by someone out there who has been on these. The DR did say it can take upto 2 weeks to see anything. 

I'm 22. And also going counselling. 

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Last 3 days iv felt very on edge / anxious in the day. Iv had to call the DR no more appointments left so I'm waiting for one to call me back. It's horrible. My breathing feels so heavy too last 3 days ( like I'm

About to have a panick attack )  and I'm on my own today. So makes me feel really lonely. 

• Posted

So DR rang me back as I couldn't get a appointment so late. As after I called them I had a cup of tea and threw it up. She said ita possibly a bug you have picked up. ( I was worried as I haven't been on these very long and last 3 days iv felt anxious )

• Posted

Last 3/4 days iv had bad morning anxiety waking shaking heavy breathing & I get worried. Yesturday I was sick too ( DR said was just a bug ) 

I haven't been on Prozac even 2 weeks yet. 

And it's my birthday todaysad had cancel all my plans it's rubbish! I used to be active. 

• Posted

Happy birthday sorry its not a good day sad I woke in the night with awful belly pain and now poorly sad don't think its meds coz been 4weeks since starting. Seriously had enough! Saw councillor and felt so much better as she was going to tell my Dr she advises a c section (iv birth trauma) and she was to call me that day with a date to help my anxiety. Did day call??? No! So I'm rather peed off, she holds the cards to helping me but dragged it out so long iv ended up a nervous wreck 
    • Posted

Thank you Hun. 

I was sick yesturday. So maybe there's a bug going around. 

Well done for counselling smile I go tomorrow. 

I hope it works out for you. Stay strong. 

Good luck xx

• Posted

Good look tomorrow, it does help u understand what's going on and that your not a total loon even if you feel like one, I do haha
  • Posted

When does the sickness feeling go away? 

I feel sick hardly eating & feel very faint sad 

Will be two weeks Friday. 

• Posted

U won't want to hear this honey but its a long journey. My worse was 2to3 weeks and it made me depressed too but I'm feeling bit by bit better at 4weeks but dizzy and tried and still crying. Iv heard that at 8to12 is where people feel normal. My sickness latested a week and if on and off now. How is ur day to day life? Are u doing anything? Are u OK alone?
    • Posted

Yeah the DR did tell me after 2 weeks I should start to feel something. But I was soo ill yesturday and day before ( worst birthday ever ) I'm gonna go in tomorrow for a check up and mention I can't get out of bed the dizziness scares the hell out of me and I used to be soo active. 

I don't work at the moment due to all this. 

Iv no form of excersice eaither. ( but booking in some yoga/mindfullness ) as iv heard it's very good for anxiety. 

I hope things are looking up for you now Hun xx

• Posted

O hunny I know the feeling too well. Its awful living with the dizzy feeling/depersonalisation. Look it up it explains it well. I found feeling something at two weeks ment feeling side effects sad iv still got depersonalisation but I get bits of the day that it goes a little xxx
    • Posted

Iv been reading up that lack of magnesium can cause dizziness / anxiety. And my problem from day one was this before any meds. I'm going DR tomorrow and will mention this. Did you ever ask your DR about magnesium? 
    • Posted

I bought every supplement I could blame it on. U need to except it for it to go but I know that's hard and something I can't do. The NHS has caused all this for me and iv been let down badly. Serve birth trauma and needing a section, counseller told my consultant this but she won't listen, its making my life hell the stress of fighting for what I need with only 4weeks left till due and just been thrown ADs instead of real help. 
    • Posted

I hope things look up for you. Chin up. Go have a lovely bath I love that I just fall asleep and forget about everything. 

I'm going DRs tomorrow so hopefully I can get some form of help. 

• Posted

So been to the DR for a check up she is checking my magnesium/calcium levels Monday as I haven't had these checked for 4 years. As I have severe dizziness. 

• Posted

Haven't posted for a while as been trying to keep busy.

4 weeks of Prozac. 

So the dizziness is soo much better!! But not 100%.

I went to a spa day yesterday and I loved it. I went swimming. Massages ect. ( this is all good for you ) 

I had a aroma massage ( so you can choice the oils I chose lavenda to relax me ) 

I also do my mindfullness app every day ( the breathing actu works when you feel abit stressful ) 

My only down fall at the moment is Nausea & not sleeping. I hope it will eventually go. 

Good luck to all. Hope this post helps. 

_ 0 F g < reply>

• Posted

Nearly week 6 for me feel spaced ouy /sedated. Is this what u mean by dizzy? Glad ur feeling better. I dream every night their weird and its from the meds x
    • Posted

I feel spaced out yes and sometimes dizzy. But it's much better then it was. It is a horrible feeling. I hope it goes for you x

• Posted

Its getting me down. Life on the sofa feel disconnect not knowing if its meds or me. The have lifted me but spaced out is awful no real personality 
    • Posted

I felt like that but I don't anymore hmmm very strange. You know what's good keeping busy! Go for a walk. Also download mindfullness app. While your doing nothing practise that x
    • Posted

I felt disconnected with depression and anxiety though before the meds. Did u feel that way at all or was it just after u started meds? I was doing OK then had a panic and knocked bk. I'm 37 weeks pregnant though 
    • Posted

I felt spaced out / dizzy 

Then I had two panic attacks and was like what's going on! So went DRs 

I feel better on these then I did cit ( I felt like I was off my face lol ) 

I notice when I'm keeping busy I don't notice it. If I'm laying in bed or sofa I get anxious. Try your best 2 keep busy. Even tho your pregs. & download mindfullness good for your breathing.

X

• Posted

Hard isn't it maybe its me still obsessing about when I'll be me again. O god CIT made me so ill I was like a pressure cooker and panic attacks daily. Sert was great for me but second time I reacted to it badly on one dose
    • Posted

I have days like that and I cry to myself. But then I think what's the point. May aswell keep busy. My mum is sooo happy now. Shes on fluxo/Prozac and flying it. So I'm hoping to be like that. 

Hope you start to feel better soon. 

Xxx

• Posted

Feeling like lowing to 10mg but don't want to give in too soon and can't afford to make myself worse with a baby due. Hard. Some people say 8-12 weeks. Iv done 2on 10mg and 3 and a 1/2 weeks on 20mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.