Prozac increase

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I've been on 20mg dose of prozac for about 8 weeks and have been told by my dr I can increase to 40mg as I'm constantly feeling flat and having a hard time dealing with irrational thoughts about my health and heat in particular.

Has anyone else increased on prozac and had benefit from this. Also did you have any side effects with the increased dose

Thanks shane

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shane

I was on 20mg Prozac for about 3 months with not much improvement. I went up to 30 for a week and felt ok and have now been on 40 for 6 days. I have definitely had increased anxiety and racing thoughts with the increase to 40mg. I have heard that it does settle in a couple of weeks. It's definitely not unbearable and I'm ok but it's certainly heightened my anxiety. Hoping that it settles down soon

😊

• Posted

I have only bin on 10mg 6weeks i upped my dose to 20mg yesturday i had the worse day in hell i had a panic attack made my anxiety worse i was dizzy alday so tired and drained.. my anxiousness was so bad that i couldnt cope yesturday.. im going back to 10mg until my next psychiatric appointment 28th june to see if its the roght med for me
    • Posted

This is my 6th day on 40mg and I've actually not been too bad today. Still up and down but definitely not doom and gloom that I was when i first increased. The first 2-3 days on 40 mg I was ready to jump out my skin.. felt so awful!! So so anxious I couldn't barely even speak. I was gonna go back down but something told me to stick with it. I'm sure I still have a long way to go but the anxiety has definitely been dulled today.

I would urge you to try to give it a week on the increased dose.. I know it's so hard when you feel so terrible but it's worth a try before starting all over again with a new med. That's just my opinion anyway.. I know it's really hard.

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.