prozac side effects help!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in beginning of 3rd week.. having a we full side effects .. the anxiety has taken over my life.. the doctor has me on 2mgs of ativan a day just to cope.. I'm always sedated I can't be alone..must have someone here at all times.. the nausea n throwing up doesn't make it any easier.. I lost 15 lbs in a week and a half.. the only time I get a little relief is at night.. I'm so scared this will never end.. it feels like a lifetime already suffering like this.. n the holidays are coming around I hope I get to enjoy at least Christmas bc thanksgiving will probably be a wash.. when can I expect to get some relief from the anxious feeling.. any help from anyone would be great!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever been on Prozac before?  What dosage are you on?  To lose that much weight that fast is extreme, and I would say you are having an unacceptable response to this drug.  It is one thing to tough out side effects to get to the holy grail, but within reason.  I would say this is unreasonable.  If you are having this reaction to a low dose such as 5 or 10 mg, then for sure this isn't the drug for you.  If they started you on 20 or more then I'd say try a lower dose, of course with the doctor on board.
    • Posted

I would say you were started on too high a dose.  Prozac can be started at 10 mg, and the minimum therapeutic dose is 20 mg.  Perhaps discuss with your doctor dropping to 10, maybe 20 mg and holding there for awhile to see if these symptoms are eased.

Meanwhile, people have reported using ginger to ease nausea, ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger candy, whatever form you can get.

• Posted

I agree with Betsy. I think you were started to high. You wouldn't happen to be weaning off of another medication currently would you? Sounds a lot like the withdrawal symptoms I had while weaning off lexapro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.