Prozac withdrawal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Fluoxatine 20mg for 20yrs. I stopped taking them for various reasons about a month ago. I am now suffering light headedness, shivvers throught out whole body core, inpared speach, distorted vision, all lasting  10 to 20 seconds with recovery taking 2-3 minutes. Will, and when will this end? Help saught.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you just stop them or wean off them?
    • Posted

Just stopped as it was effecting other issues, This is a powerful drug and

a few years ago i asked to be taken off, but no assistance offered at the time. The initial need was because i was overdosed with cortisone injections in an attempt to cure frozen shoulder, which ironically turned out to be a trapped nerve in my neck, NHS refferal ( at my expence) 

to the private sector, who after being unsuccesful sent me back to the NHS. thanks for your interest.

• Posted

John, I was on 40mg for 30 years. Took last dose 1st of April and I had all of the same issues you are having plus more. Almost 3 months off now and life is beginning to return to normal. Hang in there it does get better!😳

• Posted

Pamela, Thank you so very much for you reply, it has reassured me so much, the level of side effects i can now ( fingers crossed ) manage and know this could take months. I working closely with my Doctor, she has taken a deep interest in me and the advers effects of drugs, and the non publication of effects data that the drug producers chose to discount as they effect sales and profits. I do hope you quickly return to good health, Smiles John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.